News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Started by johnyACOSTA, August 19, 2005, 09:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnyACOSTA

AL MOTOR NO LE LLEGA ACEITE A LOS TAPA VALVULAS!!!!!  :o ALGUIEN ME PUEDE AYUDAR??????  ??? ??? ??? ???
:icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: YA YA REVISE LA BOMBA DE ACEITE Y ESTA BUENA!!!!

The motor valve does not raise to him to the oil until the cover, I
already reviewed the oil pump and this perfect one.  ??? ??? ??? ??? and have an extrange sound

PocketThunder

i wish i would have paid attention in spanish class.... :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MGBRingo

I can read the little yellow faces but that is about it.    :P

Telvis

Whatever he's saying it must really be important. He seems pretty excited. I hope doesn't need the Police of an ambulance. All those capital letters and exclamation points. I hope he hasn't fallen into a well with only a laptop and can't get out. :icon_smile_big:

ying

damn it troy where is the SAP button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1968 Charger R/T
440 auto
Purple w/silver stripes
3:91
slotted mags

johnyACOSTA

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 19, 2005, 10:13:46 AM
i wish i would have paid attention in spanish class.... :-\
already reviewed the oil pump and this perfect one.

johnyACOSTA

Quote from: MGBRingo on August 19, 2005, 10:22:25 AM
I can read the little yellow faces but that is about it.    :P

johnyACOSTA

Quote from: Telvis on August 19, 2005, 10:27:42 AM
Whatever he's saying it must really be important. He seems pretty excited. I hope doesn't need the Police of an ambulance. All those capital letters and exclamation points. I hope he hasn't fallen into a well with only a laptop and can't get out. :icon_smile_big:

ying

so you are not getting oil to the top of your engine? good oil pump!
1968 Charger R/T
440 auto
Purple w/silver stripes
slotted mags

Telvis

ying

clogged filter?         oil pump shaft broken? look at these two places
1968 Charger R/T
440 auto
Purple w/silver stripes
slotted mags

ChargerRob

What johnyACOSTA is trying to say is: Oil is not getting to the valve tappets/Hydrualic lifters. Can somebody please help with advice. I checked the oil pump and it's working fine.

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

IBsmokin

hey is there an echo in here???

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

41husk

Johnny, might want to post in the tech area, more answers, less commedians.  Adios, amigo!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

Quote from: 41husk on August 19, 2005, 01:01:39 PM
Johnny, might want to post in the tech area, more answers, less commedians.   Adios, amigo!

True, but you'll never find Mojo in there & he speaks Spanish.  :icon_smile_big:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Nacho-RT74

LOL...

he is a buddy's mine here in Venezuela and I don't really know where is the problem. ChargerRob got the perfect translation, even he already said oil is not getting up to valve covers.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChargerRob on August 19, 2005, 12:15:19 PM
What johnyACOSTA is trying to say is: Oil is not getting to the valve tappets/Hydrualic lifters. Can somebody please help with advice. I checked the oil pump and it's working fine.

:yesnod:  :thumbs:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ChargerRob

Quote from: IBsmokin on August 19, 2005, 12:22:59 PM

Damn IBSmokin, I was only trying to help by translating. :cryin: But that's cool, I'm not thin skinned.   8)
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

johnyACOSTA

Quote from: ying on August 19, 2005, 12:13:12 PM
clogged filter?         oil pump shaft broken? look at these two places
thanks, but no clogged filter and the oil pump shaft is very good..... somebody more???????????

johnyACOSTA

Quote from: ChargerRob on August 19, 2005, 02:16:09 PM
Quote from: IBsmokin on August 19, 2005, 12:22:59 PM

Damn IBSmokin, I was only trying to help by translating. :cryin: But that's cool, I'm not thin skinned.  8)
thanks!!!!!!  :icon_smile_cool:

Daytona R/T SE

Cam bearing has turned in it's bore, cutting off the oil flow to the rocker arms...no hablo espanol...spanish class was right after lunch...we almost always smoked our lunch   :apimp: :smoke:

MTPOCKET

IBsmokin

KMPX2

Is this a new motor , old motor, was any work just done to it . More details needed.

johnyACOSTA

Quote from: KMPX2 on August 20, 2005, 12:20:06 AM
Is this a new motor , old motor, was any work just done to it . More details needed.
this motor have 4 years of refubrished

KMPX2

OK if this motor has been running for 4 years when was the last time you changed the oil filter? Even if the car has sat for the last 4 years things go bad from just sitting. There is a old saying K.I.S.S.( Keep It Simple Stupid ) most guys will make a problem harder than it needs to be. No oil did you change the filter? I don't care if you put on on last week something may have happened to it , Put a new one on it and see what happens. What does the oil look like? If you changed it last week and it looked like mud you could be plugged up some place.

johnyACOSTA

Quote from: KMPX2 on August 20, 2005, 11:25:12 AM
OK if this motor has been running for 4 years when was the last time you changed the oil filter? Even if the car has sat for the last 4 years things go bad from just sitting. There is a old saying K.I.S.S.( Keep It Simple Stupid ) most guys will make a problem harder than it needs to be. No oil did you change the filter? I don't care if you put on on last week something may have happened to it , Put a new one on it and see what happens. What does the oil look like? If you changed it last week and it looked like mud you could be plugged up some place.
I did change the oil filter and the oil motor, always i change the oil motor before 5.000 Km... the oil looks transparent... thanks

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 19, 2005, 03:22:30 PM
Cam bearing has turned in it's bore, cutting off the oil flow to the rocker arms..

I agree the cam brg is the most likely problem

Rocky

I know this may be a simple question, but are you checking the pressure with the engine running, or just by priming the pump.  I like to start with the K.I.S.S.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 22, 2005, 01:43:32 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 19, 2005, 03:22:30 PM
Cam bearing has turned in it's bore, cutting off the oil flow to the rocker arms..

I agree the cam brg is the most likely problem

Johny... creo que esto es lo que podria ser, las bocinas de el arbol de levas giraron y bloquearon el paso de aceite hacia arriba.

Para chequear eso, tendrias que desarmar las camaras ( sin desmontar las camaras ), quiero decir, quitar los martillos, para quitar luego los taquetes. Desarmar el frente del motor ( bomba de agua, compresor de aire, alternador, damper tapacadena, cadena de los tiempos, radiador ) para sacar el arbol de levas y revisar las bocinas a ver si estan movidas dentro del bloque.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ChgrSteve67

I would suspect spun a cam bearing.

Did this engine overheat or just begin making a sound one day?

I think either way the motor should be taken apart and examined completely.
If you keep messing with it and taking guesses your solution will be an engine replacement.

cudaken

Nacho, ask him why he thinks he lost oil pressuer. Did the engine start to rattel? 

Cuda Ken
I am back