News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to install repro trunk mat?

Started by 69chargerrt, August 12, 2006, 05:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt

Hi-

I'm installing a repro trunk mat in my '69 Charger. The original is long since gone, so I don't have a reference to go off of. The repro has cutouts already in it for the filler tube and spare tire brackets but that's about it. There aren't any cutouts for around where the jack goes, or where the inner taillight panel cover goes, etc.

Does anyone have any pics of an original trunk mat that they could post so I can see what extra cutouts need to be added to the mat, and how the mat is supposed to be installed?   I'd also be interested in any pointers that anyone who's had to put in their own repro mat might have....

Thanks!

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

charger Downunder

Just lay it in the trunk, line it up and slice it with a razor blade be carfull not to over cut it. I also cut out some under felt a put it under mine as it originaly had it.
[/quote]

69chargerrt

Quote from: charger Downunder on August 13, 2006, 12:28:00 AM
Just lay it in the trunk, line it up and slice it with a razor blade be carfull not to over cut it. I also cut out some under felt a put it under mine as it originaly had it.
Ok- so I just need to cut slots out for the jack mounting brackets then.....

Uh....  felt?    Did the trunk mats have felt under them?     If mine had it, it was thrown away long ago....  does it cover the same area as the mat itself, or just a smaller area?    Anyone have any pics of these felt pads?

Again- thanks for the help!

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

Brock Samson

69chargerrt

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 13, 2006, 08:35:59 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16600.0.html   ;)

Cool- thanks!   One question though - does the mat tuck under the taillight panel cover?   I think there are 2 screws that go thru the 'tabs' on the cover down into the trunk floor- would those be covered by the mat, or do I have to cut openings for those screws to go thru the mat and into the trunk floor?

'69 Dodge Charger R/T