News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where do you work ?

Started by 69bananabeast, August 19, 2005, 04:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Quote from: grizzlygiff on August 21, 2005, 02:48:06 PM
I drive a semi truck for an environmental contractor. We do everything from chemical spills to hauling garbage to the landfills. I work out of the city of Lexington, Ky. My job is not very glamorous, since I mainly haul 22 ton loads of sewer sludge to area landfills. I also have a farm with a dairy operation, as well as tobacco and hay crops. You need a "public job" to support a farming habit nowadays, but this land has been in my family for three generations and farming is where my heart will always be. Hey Telvis, guess you know all about Old Frankfort Pike and Town Branch, Huh?

Hey!!! It's good to see I'm not the only Lexington guy here!! I worked out of the Old Frankfort roll call building for many years. Since it was built in the early 90's. I know the town branch smell very well. It and the smell of the old covered up lanfill next to the rollcall building welcomed me every time I showed up for work. I know you know what I'm talking about.  We have to meet sometime! There aren't many Mopar guys around here. I live off Harrodsburg Rd. Small world!

Dr. V

NYCMille

I'm a Graphic Designer for an Investment Bank in NYC... have been for the last 7 years. This will be coming to end though in the next 5 months - I bought a UPS Store franchise and will be opening my store on Long Island so I will finally be out of this hell hole of city... ugh...

69_se_ron

I work for the Tennessee Department of Transportation.  I was in highway design for 23 years, now work in the planning division.  We do interchange justification/modification studies and work on highways included in the National Highway System, all in coordination with the Federal Highway Administration.
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

41husk

I work for Granite City School District, I am a high school behavior disorder teacher and the wrestling coach.  and i am back at work :'(
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_se_ron on August 22, 2005, 09:46:26 AM
I work for the Tennessee Department of Transportation.   I was in highway design for 23 years, now work in the planning division.   We do interchange justification/modification studies and work on highways included in the National Highway System, all in coordination with the Federal Highway Administration.

Can you suggest to your buddies in Minnesota to build at least 8 lane freeways from now on?  Its not 1966 anymore.....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

4402tuff4u

Project Engineer for a Marine Construction Corp. (Cashman/Modern Continental) building a bridge at the current moment.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ChgrSteve67

I'm a computer systems engineer working for a Technology Consulting Firm out of Sacramento.
I help companies like Harley Davidson Financial Services, Campbells Soup and Citibank (I could name many more) install and troubleshoot large Microsoft, Compaq/HP, Dell, Citrix & SAN solutions.
I'm currently (There are two other engineers assisting) designing, installing and documenting a 400 Server Citrix solution (HP Blade servers/IBM SAN) for a large health provider in California.
I'm the man in the closet, the one you're never suppose to see but is responsible for making it all work.
I started working on computers 15 years ago after working as a truck driver and warehouseman for 10 years. What a career change.
Anyone ever heard of Flying Tigers? I worked for them until FedEx purchased them.

Someone just opened the door to the closet, I better get back to work.

RD

I work for the Department of Veteran's Affairs, Vocational, Rehabilitation and Employment office.  I help disabled veteran's find vocational employment, counseling, and/or provide the means for the veteran to attain the proper schooling that is consistent with that veteran's skills, interests and abilities.

In other words, if you are a veteran and you are 20% or more disabled and you have an employment handicap, I help you.

oh and I work at a bookstore at night so I can get free Mopar Muscle, Mopar Action, and Mopar Collector's Guide magazines :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Afflyer

[quote author=RD link=topic=1682.msg22658#msg22658 date=1124747596

oh and I work at a bookstore at night so I can get free Mopar Muscle, Mopar Action, and Mopar Collector's Guide magazines :D

Now there's a perk!!!

Bradley  :devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

volk68

I work in radio.  I am the program director/operations manager of 3 stations.

Mudhawg

I broker freight to trucking companies out of Kansas City.  And to all you drivers and formers, yes I am a f**king broker. ;D

andy74

i am the sales/finance manger at a small dodge dealership.i also still sell cars to people who come in and ask for me,one of the few elite certified salespeople in this area-thats when you sell over 150 new cars per year!also am trying to get a small 3rd gen charger parts thing going,slowly building up parts and cars.as always not enough time and or money,but its getting better everyday!

bull

I work here fixing buses so societal dregs can get to the methedone clinic on time.

bull

I also do part time vehicle maint. for the sub-corp. of a small delivery company in Portland. This place is a friggin' mess (isn't it River?) and the chaos is really starting to drive me insane. But I got this job to help out the father-in-law of a friend and to earn money for a Charger restoration.

Charger_Croatia

Service manager in small private company. BTW I'm one of the partners at the same time.

And that's not me on the photo
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

bull

Quote from: Charger_Croatia on August 24, 2005, 04:36:06 AM
Service manager in small private company. BTW I'm one of the partners at the same time.

And that's not me on the photo

I like that place, Croatia. Nice and clean.

Jon Smith

I'm a cnc machinist, make billet parts for aircraft

Charger_Fan

Until last month, I was head man in charge of product aquisition & subsequent distribution...here's my office.
Apparently the cops think I have exceeded my computer limit in one room, for some reason. :D

Ok fine, I'm actually an underpaid, underappreciated parts dude with Utah's largest motorcycle & general play-toy dealer.

http://www.plazacycle.com/

I also do damage estimates on machines that have schooled their owners...this year, because of gas prices, I've tripled the amount of estimates on Scooters (Vino's, Riva's, etc.). They usually crash into parked cars, brick walls & garage doors. :smilielol:

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 19, 2005, 04:57:21 PM
www.cherne.com

Construction Estimator.
Checking out the Career Opportunities page, that sounds like a nice company to work for...is it?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 24, 2005, 02:42:32 PM
Apparently the cops think I have exceeded my computer limit in one room, for some reason.
Computers? probably not. CD Duplication devices? probably.

alenglish

I'm a fiber optics tech     building  a new phone  company      Big  Al
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

Lowprofile

Until last month, I was head man in charge of product aquisition & subsequent distribution...here's my office.
Apparently the cops think I have exceeded my computer limit in one room, for some reason. :D

Ok fine, I'm actually an underpaid, underappreciated parts dude with Utah's largest motorcycle & general play-toy dealer.

http://www.plazacycle.com/

I also do damage estimates on machines that have schooled their owners...this year, because of gas prices, I've tripled the amount of estimates on Scooters (Vino's, Riva's, etc.). They usually crash into parked cars, brick walls & garage doors. :smilielol:

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 19, 2005, 04:57:21 PM
www.cherne.com

Construction Estimator.
Checking out the Career Opportunities page, that sounds like a nice company to work for...is it?

Now Thats Funny! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Hey, how much for a copy of Trip Maker Plus?? :nono:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger_Fan

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 24, 2005, 02:55:40 PM
Apparently the cops think I have exceeded my computer limit in one room, for some reason.
Computers? probably not. CD Duplication devices? probably.

Damn, I screwed up my own joke. :image_294343:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

rollingthunder

railroader for CSX
life's to short have a blast before its gone.

MadScientist

Hey,

Im a Research Scientist at an SF Bay Area Biotech company. I engineer viruses for the transfer of genes into all different cell types.  If someone wants to study how a gene works they will put it into a virus and introduce it into their particular cell of interest.  This allows the study of various disease models in a culture dish format.

:icon_smile_dead:

MS