News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

magnum 500 paint question

Started by photon, August 08, 2006, 08:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

photon

Help needed,  I am restoring a set of magnum wheels.  Wheels were free, so not alot of money in them.  I blasted them and have them in primer.  I need to know what color to paint them.  Do I paint them a metalic silver/gloss black?  Any help is appreciated.

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

resq302

The spokes were actually nickel plated with the rest being painted a satin black color.  Be sure to use some self etching primer on the insert areas as they were nickel plated with the center of the rim prior to the rim being welded to the outer part.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto