News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

header tape

Started by deathcharger71, August 23, 2006, 03:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

im thinking of wrapping me headers with that heat tape thats suppose to block the heat some, im mainly doing it because my headers are ugly  ;) but does it actually work at all?

69chargeryeehaa

yes, it works, but your headders will rust FAST.   :o  i'd just leave them alone, or paint them with some headder paint. :icon_smile_big:

Rolling_Thunder

make sure not to ever drip oil on them...      :icon_smile_evil:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

And if you are mainly doing it for appearances, know that header tape doesn't stay all white and pretty for very long either.  Especially under the hood of a street car, it gets dirty and grungy fairly quick.

deathcharger71

well i want to get black tape because my car is black. and my headers were already a little rusty, and a few weeks ago i took my hood off and holy lord that rust grew fast with no hood to block the dew i guess? i live about 4 miles from the beach so rust is something i just have to deal with. one concern i have is will the tape fall off since theres already so much rust beneath it?

deathcharger71

would 50 feet of 1'' tape be enough to wrap both headers?