News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP!! What's supposed to be behind the rear seat?

Started by lookin@my68, August 31, 2006, 04:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookin@my68

Hello all, I don't have anything behind the back part of my rear seat - what's meant to be there?  ???

I assume there is a piece of masonite that sort of hooks on to the body there - is that right?

Can any one post a picture of theirs when it's not on the car yet? - Some measurements and angles of the perimeter would be a really big help too as I plan on making something up using a jigsaw...

Thanks in advance
Danny

41husk

nope the trunk is behind the back seat.  That looks like mine.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

DFS68_Charger

There is supposed to be a trunk divider there. It's a flat piece of paper fiber board, black in color. It is hung by the top, back seat retaining hooks. They are reproduced and are not expensive; 20 bucks or so.

DFS

69 Charger SE

Danny,
You are missing the trunk divider.
68-70 ROADRUNNER/GTX/CHARGER/CORONET TRUNK DIVIDER
68-70 ROADRUNNER/GTX/CHARGER/CORONET TRUNK DIVIDER. THIS IS THE PANEL THAT SEPARATES THE REAR SEAT FROM THE TRUNK. SHIPPED OVERSIZE.

You can get one from Paddock, Year One or Legendary Auto Interiors.  The price at paddock is ~$20.

Patrick

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Plumcrazy

Quote from: 41husk on August 31, 2006, 10:57:03 AM
I am missing mine as well!!!

Looks like there's going to be a couple trunk dividers sold shortly.  ;D

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

41husk

yep! but at least Monster Mopar is next week so I can save a bit on shipping :laugh:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

mikepmcs

Beware, they come rolled up in a poster like appearance.  don't expect some sturdy divider cause you won't be getting that.  They are all over ebay as well.  I have one and I beefed it up(after letting it flatten out for a month) by using carpet jute type underlayment. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

im gonna use mine as a template to make a divider made of wood and attach a couple 10" speakers securly before re-installation..

lookin@my68

Thanks for all the replies.

As I am in Australia I am also going to make up one out of wood. Although it's a cheap part it's a hassle getting it over here so it would just be easier!

Shakey

There is also a piece of jute padding to go over that divider.  The same type of stuff that goes under the carpet.