News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration Reference Material?

Started by #s Matching, August 22, 2005, 11:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#s Matching

I'm getting heavily involved in the restoration of my 69 Charger R/T and I was wondering what books, reference material, web sites (other than DC.com) some of you would recommend?   Second item on the list after DC.com is a 69 service manual.
#s Matching - 74 Charger SE, 74 Charger Rallye, 69 Charger R/T

69hemi

The first two things to get is factory service manual and a factory parts book.  These two sources are invaluable when trying to figure out where things go and what they are.  They are available on CD or in reprints in book form.  I use both since the book is portable but on the PC I can blow up the diagrams in Adobe Acrobat.  The book Charger, Road Runner, & Super Bee Restoration Guide by Paul Herd is a good source but has some inaccuracies in it.  Feel free to look over my website at http://www.69hemi.com/ I have tried to include a lot of details and pictures and people seem to find it helpful.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at jet@69hemi.com and I will be happy to help you.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Telvis

My father in law should have the 69 manuals ready in the next week. Just so you know. :icon_smile_big:

694spdRT

Just buy 6T9's(Chris's) car and duplicate that :icon_smile: ...his car is about as good as they get.   :scope:  He helped me a lot with details on my car.  

69Hemi's site is one of the best guides out there in my view.  :thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

69hemi

Quote from: Telvis on August 23, 2005, 08:42:22 AM
My father in law should have the 69 manuals ready in the next week. Just so you know. :icon_smile_big:

Could you explain?
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 694spdRT on August 23, 2005, 09:06:02 AM
69Hemi's site is one of the best guides out there in my view.   :thumbs:
:iagree:

He should turn into a book.

69hemi

I have found that his colors for parts are not often correct as are some of his option codes.  Now before I get blasted, I know that not all of these cars were made the same and there are grey areas.  I feel this needs to be said in his book as some are taking it for the Bible of B-Body restoration, which it is not.  Compare his descriptions of some parts with the descriptions of the people who do the restos, like Roger Gibson, and the problems will start cropping up.  On the whole it is a good, honest work but should not be taken as the last word.
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram

Afflyer

Just buy 6T9's(Chris's) car and duplicate that :icon_smile: ...his car is about as good as they get.   :scope:   He helped me a lot with details on my car.  
:iagree:
Chris has the "standard" by which all of us should utilize and aspire to achieve.  ;D

Chris is your head about to pop yet?!  ;)

Bradley  :devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

#s Matching

Just buy 6T9's(Chris's) car and duplicate that :icon_smile: ...his car is about as good as they get.   :scope: He helped me a lot with details on my car.

Maybe if I say please he will just ship it up to me to use as a reference piece ;)

Quote from: 69hemi on August 23, 2005, 08:36:39 AM
Feel free to look over my website at http://www.69hemi.com/ I have tried to include a lot of details and pictures and people seem to find it helpful. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at jet@69hemi.com and I will be happy to help you.

Thanx for the offer 69hemi,     :yesnod: I will most likely be dropping you a line over the next several months.   I had a brief look at your web and it looks amazing   :o   Like 694spdRT said, you show concider making a book!

I searched the AutoBooksBishko web site and found the following:

-Factory service manual (Bound) - $58.30
       1969 DODGE CHARGER, CORONET, DART Body and Chassis Shop Manual [eb747R]
-Factory parts book (Unbound) - $91.00
       1969 MOPAR (Plymouth, Valiant, Dodge, Dart, Chrysler, Imperial) Master Parts Book [eb815R]
-Wiring Manual - $16.50
       1969 DODGE CHARGER Wiring Diagrams [eb7565R]

and on the Year One web site, the following:

-Factory service manual (Bound) - $61.00
-Factory parts book - no listing?
-Wiring Manual - $9.70

Does Year One carry the parts book? (yes I could call, but I thought I would ask here first   :P )

Does anyone else carry the above listed literature?

Where can I find digital copies of any of the above.   I was only able to locate hard copies?

Thanx

Troy

I bought all of mine from Bishko because they are close, have good prices, and have a good reputation. I don't recall if anyone else sells the parts book but it's an awesome resource.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

#s Matching

I just checked The Paddock and they have some of the material.

-69 Service and Parts Manual, Charger/Coronet Shop Manual - $79.95 [SM113]
-69 DODGE AUTOMOTIVE MANUALS ON CD-ROM - $49.95 [601C]
-69 Charger Wiring Diagram Manual - $6.95 [MP193]

Is this first item both the Service manual and the Parts manual?  Aren't the separate books?

bull

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com (search dodge charger restoration)
Moparts: http://www.moparts.org/moparts/books/index.html

Does anyone know if "Project Charger" a good resource?

69hemi

I picked up Project Charger and it is pretty worthless.  It is a collection of bad pictures and very vague descriptions which is too bad because I was looking forward to it when I ordered it.  As far as the wiring book I also got it but it is just duplicates from the service manual.
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram

73dodge

So what is available for third gens??

Where can I get factory service manuals for 3rd gens?

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

bull

Quote from: 69hemi on August 24, 2005, 08:27:27 AM
I picked up Project Charger and it is pretty worthless.   It is a collection of bad pictures and very vague descriptions which is too bad because I was looking forward to it when I ordered it.   As far as the wiring book I also got it but it is just duplicates from the service manual.

Yea, I got one of those wiring books off ebay and like you said it's basically a photocopy of the service manual. The service manual is a very nice book to have. I grabbed one for $50 at a swap meet a few years ago. I also have a friend who works at a Dodge dealer who's going to see if he can get me their old '68 parts book. The only thing I don't like about that parts book is that it includes so many other cars.

#s Matching

Quote from: 69hemi on August 24, 2005, 08:27:27 AM
I picked up Project Charger and it is pretty worthless. It is a collection of bad pictures and very vague descriptions which is too bad because I was looking forward to it when I ordered it. As far as the wiring book I also got it but it is just duplicates from the service manual.

Good to know.  I had heard that Project Charger was a disappointment but I did have the wiring manual on my list.  I guess I can remove that since I will be getting the service manual.

Can anyone shed some light on the '69 Service and Parts Manual, Charger/Coronet Shop Manual - $79.95 [SM113] listed on the The Paddock? (see previous post)