News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got rearended today....

Started by notstock71, September 03, 2006, 06:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notstock71

So there I was minding my own business and bam.

The wife and I took the boys to a baseball game today. We were leaving the stadium driving towards the interstate. I am watching this car inmy rearview mirror that is swerving all over the road. Then I see the car behind it pull up along side and they are yelling at each other. I stop for a red light and am watching the show in the mirror. The car behind me is so busy fighting with the other car she rearended me. I was furious. I jumped out and gave her a piece of my mind. She starts yelling back at me in her best ebonics slang. Make along story shorter the car they were fighting with stopeed and told me what was happening and the girl who hit me was throwing stuff at their car when she hit me. They left their info for the cops. Another car stayed as witnesses too. Cops show up and cite her for following too close but nothing else even though there were witnesses to everything.

The truck ('00 Sierra) just needs a bumper and maybe brackets. It is pushed in a little on the left side. My receiver punched through her bumper ('03 Taurus). Oh the best part, the driver/passenger were brother/sister. Their parents showed up minutes after it happened. Mom walks up, opens the passenger door and beat the tar out of the son. It was friggin hilarious.

So now I get to deal with the insurance company, she has Progressive. I want a new GM bumper and brackets, period.

So this is my 3rd accident. All 3 I was rearended while at a stop. How's that for bad luck? Oh, no bad injuries but the wife was turned talking to the boys and she says she's a little sore in the shoulder

dodge freak

What does this have to do with Dodge or Chargers or even Mopar?
So you like to watch traffic in your review mirror and stop for every yellow light. Good for you, maybe you can try for your 4 th accident tomorrow  :eyes:

2fast4u

Quote from: dodge freak on September 03, 2006, 06:10:29 PM
So you like to watch traffic in your review mirror and stop for every yellow light. Good for you, maybe you can try for your 4 th accident tomorrow  :eyes:

THATS WHY THEY CALL IT  "OFF TOPIC" DUDE!    DUUUHHH!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Silver R/T

hey give guy a break, he just got rear ended and owns 71 obviously. Hope insurance pays you every penny you deserve
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lowprofile

Quote from: dodge freak on September 03, 2006, 06:10:29 PM

Every time you post, you NEVER fail to show how big of a DUMBASS you truly are.  :icon_smile_angry:

Glad to hear there was no serious injuries notstock.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

dodge freak

I am not a dumb ass just a freak.
I don't go getting rearended 3 times and enjoy watching people fight and laugh at them when something bad happens to them.

NHCharger

Anyway, welcome to the board notstock71. As you can see, the off topic section makes One flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest seem kinda tame. :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

dodge freak

Yeah welcome aboard also sorry if I was a little out of line.

Hope you don't have anymore accidents again.

notstock71

Nothing personal taken on the rpevious post. It's all in good spirits, it seems when people forget that and take it personal the irrelevant drama starts.

I wouldn't say I enjoyed watching the occupants of the 2 cars fight. I DID enjoy watching the kids mom beat him for shooting his foul mouth off.

I guess I'll start another thread and actually introduce myself here. There are a few members here who may know me from the Confederate General Lee Fan Club. Yes, I love the Dukes.

dodge freak

I love the Dukes too ! Rosco and Boss Hogg were the greatest. Never again will something like those two will be on prime time TV again.

Steve P.

Quote from: dodge freak on September 03, 2006, 08:20:47 PM
I love the Dukes too ! Rosco and Boss Hogg were the greatest. Never again will something like those two will be on prime time TV again.

Thank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Troy

It sucks when you can predict the stupidity of other drivers on the road. I'm glad your family made it through safely and I'm actually (almost) amazed that the other driver even had insurance. I hope it all works out.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dkn1997

So you like to watch traffic in your review mirror and stop for every yellow light. Good for you, maybe you can try for your 4 th accident tomorrow  eyes

I am not a dumb ass just a freak.
I don't go getting rearended 3 times and enjoy watching people fight and laugh at them when something bad happens to them.

Yeah welcome aboard also sorry if I was a little out of line.
Hope you don't have anymore accidents again.

what do you even say to that?   ???
RECHRGED

Recharger

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 03, 2006, 07:02:45 PM
Every time you post, you NEVER fail to show how big of a DUMBASS you truly are.  :icon_smile_angry:

Glad to hear there was no serious injuries notstock.
:iagree:

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 04, 2006, 09:04:56 PM
what do you even say to that?   ???

I believe you're supposed to say: 

OPOSSUM!

BigBlockSam

hows your neck feel. looks sore from here. you should go see a doctor about that. could buy you a charger with that neck injury.  :icon_smile_big:

welcome
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

notstock71

Nah, I'm ok. The wifes still taking some ibuproferin but it's no big issue. I called Progressive today and they were very pleasant to deal with. I am waiting on an adjuster to call me so we'll see how it goes. So far they get an A+ for service.

notstock71

Filed the claim with Progressive this morning, they were great to deal with. Got a call this afternoon and it turns out the coverage on the Taurus that hit me was cancelled by the owner prior to the accident. Progressive is trying to determine if there is other coverage. I am furious. This is the 2nd time I have been hit by an uninsured vehicle.

I have already called the City Prosecutor to have no insurance charges filed. I also called the State Department of Insurance, the courthouse and the Department of Motor Vehicles. I am going to nail them to the wall.

Steve P.

Go for it Nonstock...  We are doing battle with the insurance company that insured the guy that hit my daughters car. It's been about a month or more since the wreck and (SAFECO), the other guys insurance company, still has not spoken with their insured. What a crock of Chevy!!!!!  My insurance company is State Farm. I got so tired of the runaround from the other one's bullchev, I called mine. Two minutes with them on the phone and they said, (YOUR ALL SET STEVE).  State Farm has been good to us..  Safeco,,,, now that's another story.. :flame: :flame: :flame:

I hope you get taken care of better than we are. Let us all know..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Troy

I guess I was right to be surprised then. The best that can happen is if your insurance pays and then sues them for reimbursement. My guess is that you (personally) won't see a dime from the person that hit you and putting them in jail (unlikely any way) won't get you anything except frustration. As much as I hate insurance companies I can see the value in having a good one - mainly that they shield you from having to chase down the money yourself. Good luck!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dodge freak

In Europe the Government has cameras everywhere and they check that the cars have insurance and the ones who don't get a ticket in the mail . They also have speed cameras and give people tickets for doing 4 mph over the limit so that stinks.

I like that cameras for no insurance but as always they get carried away and start ticketing people for BS things. Glad I don't live in Europe I think I would stop driving and ride a bike or take a bus everywhere.

notstock71

This gets better. Progressive called this afternoon and said they found coverage on the car from an out of state underwriter. They also said they (Progressive) will be covering the claim. Sounds weird to me. So they are coming out tomorrow to give a check for damages but wait there's more.

I washed the truck tonight and was just getting ready to come inside when I decided to get a tape measure and level out. Keep in mind my garage floor is level. The box is pushed 1/4" forward towards the cab on the passenger side. The box is also pushed up 1/2" on the passenger side in the rear. I talked to the body shop who did my Nova and he advised the impact to the receiver likely tweaked the frame. Needless to say I WILL NOT be accepting any check for repairs until I have it looked at by a few shops I trust.

dodge freak

Never take a check from the insurance company like that. As soon as you do AND cash it-I think-you CAN NOT ask for any more money ! He sounds like hes BS you. First tells you there is no insurance-this is to get you to think you might get nothing-then tells you oh yeah I guess there is somehow good news you have some money fast. Thats a scam, you can ask for the money in a few weeks , you do not have to take a check from him. He also might try to get you to sign your right to sue the other driver away. Be carefull.

Steve P.

I smell a totalled truck.. I saw a truck that was hit from behind at the body shop a few weeks ago. Same sort of hit. Had a ball/tongue in the receiver when it was nailed. The bumper was untouched, but the box, tailgate and frame were JUNK.. The gate was cupped from the box twisting. It was there waiting for the investigator..  3/4 ton too!!  :-\
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida