News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got my engine home!

Started by my69, September 09, 2006, 10:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deputycrawford

I had the machine shop measure and mill two extra marks on my damper. The original is at 0 degrees,marked in white. The second at 15 degrees is marked in yellow, and the third at 35 degrees is marked in red. I manually put the engine at the 15 mark on intake stroke, nudged it forward to 16 degrees, then installed the distributor straight on number one. I filled the front fuel bowl with a syringe ( not with the needle attached) through the vent tube. Then it fired like it was never shut off. Of course I oil primed it first. And used GM EOS oil supplement.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

1fine69

lookin mighty fine under there!  :yesnod: good luck
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

my69

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 11, 2006, 08:27:26 PM
Nice work, that oilpan looks right at home on your engine  ;)  The fram filter is OK for the initial fireup and cam break in, so as soon as that's done....drain the oil and install fresh lube with a new Wix or Napa Gold filter and you'll be fine.

Ron

Thanls Ron!  You have to excuse me About your name ::) I thought it was neal  ??? (that would be chryco's)
  AND yes that oil pan fits in the K member just fine :icon_smile_big:  I was having some doubts at first glance as the engine got closer to the end of it's trip :icon_smile_approve:

Winston

firefighter3931

Quote from: my69 on September 14, 2006, 08:42:15 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 11, 2006, 08:27:26 PM
Nice work, that oilpan looks right at home on your engine  ;)  The fram filter is OK for the initial fireup and cam break in, so as soon as that's done....drain the oil and install fresh lube with a new Wix or Napa Gold filter and you'll be fine.

Ron

Thanls Ron!  You have to excuse me About your name ::) I thought it was neal  ??? (that would be chryco's)
  AND yes that oil pan fits in the K member just fine :icon_smile_big:  I was having some doubts at first glance as the engine got closer to the end of it's trip :icon_smile_approve:

Winston

No problem Winston....there are so many of us posting here it's often difficult to keep track of who's who.  ;)

I've installed that pan ina couple of second gen Chargers so i knew it would fit fine....allthough it looks tight when you're sizing it up. Good luck on the fireup and break-in of the new and improved motor.  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs