News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

`Deed` to the White House for sale on eBay

Started by SirNik73, August 25, 2005, 12:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

WASHINGTON, DC, United States (UPI) -- A Canadian novelist is auctioning off what he calls the "deed" to the White House on eBay where the highest bid reached $15,000 Wednesday.

David Jenneson said he found out there was no deed to the White House -- it may have never existed -- while researching for his latest book, Night of the Realtors.

Jennesen says he filed a "legal" quitclaim to the deed in Canada and now has the only "deed" to the White House in existence.

He claimed the White House has not been able to find a copy of the deed to the property. He says that means the highest bidder for Jenneson`s document will be the legal owner according to Washington law.

The White House hasn`t responded to the auction.

He said the winner will also get a signed copy of his book.

No word on whether he`s researching any other U.S. government property.

----------------------UPDATE-----------------------

The deed to the White House sold on eBay where the highest bid reached $15,000 Wednesday.

1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SirNik73

I searched ebay...   :shruggy:

I can't figure out how to search for auctions that have ended
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Telvis

I guess he will be selling the official eviction notice next. I bet W is really worried. :icon_smile_big:

MichaelRW

If someone's got the deed to the White House, the politicians will just get it back through that dang eminent domain ruling the Supreme Court just approved.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

ChgrSteve67

The funny thing about governments is that they have no sense of humor.

Its a good thing he lives in Canada, the US Government might show him what that piece of paper is really worth.

Jail Time.  :shruggy:

I want to see him serve eviction papers.  :popcrn:

zstalker

naa, the whitehouse doesnt have to find the deed...one of these days the author and his deed will quietly disappear into an unmarked black van, never to be seen again.....problem solved
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.
I was wrong.
This changes everything.