News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone recognize this car?

Started by dodgecharger-fan, September 19, 2006, 06:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-DODGE-HEMI-CHARGER_W0QQitemZ130028877204QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reads like a scam to me.

Wants to be contacted before bidding because he "has the right to select" his client - the potenital buyer of his "baby", yet the car description reads like he's never laid eyes on it.

and the auto tranny "appears to have a stall converter in it"    :P

DC_1

All the markings of a scam!

- no location listed
- listed with a 426 crate motor that the "buy it now" wouldn't even cover
- doesn't know if it is a R/T because he doesn't have the fender tag...(must not have the Vin Tag either)
- the buy it now is not through ebay

the list goes on.......

TylerCharger69

I think it's either bullshit, or the car is stolen.......Anyone notice the '69 Gas cap that reads "FUEL"  when the '68 gas cap doesn't?  No fender tag available?...Sounds to me like this car is scrapped together.   And for that price?   pullllease!!!!

Khyron

full email and 3 sales?

funny how the buy it now are both the same amount. ::)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TylerCharger69

Why would anyone in their right mind  let a car like that go for so cheap???    And...what's with the  "contact me before you bid"   bs???   Anyone seen that before??

deputycrawford

How about this. "It may be an R/T but there is no fender tag." What about the "XS" in the vin. How about it started out as an H code 383. HELLO!!!!!!    R/T's were RB decks not B decks.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Dave22443

There are a lot of those out there right now.  I saw two more while scanning eBay tonight.  Its a sad world when these obvious (and not very good crooks) still consider it worthwhile to place add's like these.  They must be overwhelming eBay, they are getting quite slow at removing them.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

TylerCharger69

true  that, Deputy Crawford!!!   sounds like the fender tag  was "convieniently"  removed.  I was just wondering something though......There were 383  HP blocks......were any of these used on R/T cars?......I don't think they were,  but  Just a question that I'm sure all of the Charger gurus here can answer for me.

mikepmcs

Oh my god that is such a scam :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
I hate these guys that do this and want to kill them all. 
That car if it was real wouldn't start less than $20k.
Now I gotta dance......ummphh!(reference to a movie line, i'm not really that crazy)  Movie is White Chicks if anyone cares....
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigBlackDodge

TylerCharger69

mikepmcs

Imagine that.  I  bust these scams all the time.

At least e-bay is now starting to recognize the relevance.  I made a  difference tonight.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TylerCharger69

Mike...YOU GO GUY!!!!   Send them all to school!!!!

deputycrawford

Tylercharger69. Nope, no 383s were used in R/T cars. All XS29 cars were either L code 440 or J code 426 RB deck blocks. The 383 Magnum cars were XP29H9 cars. Well, the last 9 was for the 69 model year but you get my idea. This guy is a blatant scam dork that should be lynched...Oh, wait a minute, I can't say that because of what I do for a living. Scratch that last comment. :angel:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Ghoste

Face it, with out of sight price expectations on some of these cars in real life, the virtual cars on auction sites is going to bring out the crooks like never before.  The number one rule should be that you don't bid until someone you trust has seen the car.