News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 charger 500 4 speed 24,000 miles solid car What is it worth???????

Started by 69dodgecharger500, September 22, 2006, 06:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69dodgecharger500

Just wondering if anyone in here could tell me what an original 1969 charger 500 first production car is worth????? Original everything except tires and wheels but do have original spare red line. 426 Hemi 4 Speed manual build sheet. Let me hear some info and let me know!!! 

h76

hemigeno

That sounds like a very neat car, and it's worth some serious bucks.  There's no exact totals (at least that everyone agrees on) for how many 4-speed Hemi500's they made, but there can't be that many of them left - much less low mileage all original cars. 

What other options does it have?  Pictures?  History?

[also wondering how long it will take Danny to rattle off the VIN from memory...]   :P

*EDIT*  is this the red Press release 4-speed car with the Kelsey Hayes wheels??   :o

69dodgecharger500

I dont think it has air or anything. My dad has the car and has had it science 1970, he is the second owner and never has like the car but knows its worth some money.The question is how much????????? with everthing original thats the big thing. Also how do find out the number of the car as far as what number off the assembly line???

Highbanked Hauler

Wouldn't be a B5 blue SE 500 would it? I am still looking for my build sheet.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

THE CHARGER PUNK

orange wasnt available on the 69 c-500, put the fender tag up here and well decipher what came with it stock-MATT, also a lil info with a car that rare i wouldnt get rid of it as you will most liekly never own another one ever

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemigeno

Quote from: 69dodgecharger500 on September 22, 2006, 06:56:23 PM
I dont think it has air or anything.

It shouldn't have - it has two strikes against it...  Both the 426 & 4-speed options meant no A/C (if it had either or both of them).

My dad has the car and has had it science 1970, he is the second owner and never has like the car but knows its worth some money.The question is how much????????? with everthing original thats the big thing.

He'll like the car a whole lot more after he cashes a big check, I'll bet.  The car's value is still going to be dependent on its condition.  Without pictures, it's a moot discussion.

Also how do find out the number of the car as far as what number off the assembly line???

There are some very knowledgeable guys on this board who have a lot of records when it comes to these cars.  As far as what number it is off the assembly line goes, which line do you mean?  Hamtramck or Creative Industries?  It really doesn't matter too much except for the first and/or last cars, I suppose.  Without the VIN or fender tag info, we can't do you much good though.

tan top

sounds intresting  :yesnod:       would like to see some pictures  :scope: ( 69 dodgecharger500 )        :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

PS----register the car when you can :wave:

www.1969chargerregistry.com

PSS---welcome to the site :thumbs:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

62 Max

I think its been said more than once more 500's exist than were actually built. :scratchchin:

Blown70

Quote from: 62 Max on September 23, 2006, 07:46:33 AM
I think its been said more than once more 500's exist than were actually built. :scratchchin:

That is right, I was speaking with a Cheby friend of mine.  Apparently there are 19 convertible, LS6 Chevelle SS's (1970 model) running around.  FUNNY Thing is that the factory only built 14 of them....... :icon_smile_wink:

So it is not only MOPARS that people like to fake :icon_smile_dissapprove:

69_500

Well I'd love to see some more information or talk to you more about the car that is for sure.

I have a running data base I'm keeping of Charger 500's and as of today I have 231 cars that I have information on.

As far as to how much an unrestored 24,000 mile car is it all depends on a few things. Like the amount of options, how early or late it was built, and of course if its a HEMI or not. I see you mention it has a HEMI buildsheet for a 4 speed car, but you didn't mention if that is what your father has or if its like most cars and has the wrong buildsheet in it.

69_500

Side note Gene I personally believe that the car 110610 is the one that had the Kelsey Hayes wheels. Due to the fact that it had the buildsheet to another car in its rear seat, and they are identically optioned and the AT car had the W23 wheel option. I think that the first one would have had it as well.

However by the time the other magazines did the test drive of the cars they had probably already recalle the W23 wheels, and that is why you see it in other magazines without the Kelsey Hayes wheels.

69_500

If it is a really early car you could figure out the number of the car, by the Vehicle order Number. As far as I can tell the first 32-34 cars all follow a sequential order on the VON in correlation to the VIN's and the build dates. After that its like most other cars and they start getting jumbled up.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on September 22, 2006, 09:11:30 PM
....  Without pictures, it's a moot discussion.

:iagree:

I have a Bronze 440 4-speed '69 C500.. It should be worth big bucks... At least, I hope so...  :icon_smile_big:

Whatcha mean by "first production"?

The broadcast sheet you mention, is it to the car? The reason I ask, is a broadcast sheet to a T7 Bronze hemi 4-speed '69 C500 was found in my car... It was the broadcast sheet to the sequentially built car to mine.. Apparently it was a twin to mine, except mine's a 440 car.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 26, 2006, 08:34:11 AM

I have a Bronze 440 4-speed '69 C500.. I should be worth big bucks... At least, I hope so...  :icon_smile_big:

The broadcast sheet you mention, is it to the car? The reason I ask, is a broadcast sheet to a T7 Bronze hemi 4-speed '69 C500 was found in my car... It was the broadcast sheet to the sequentially built car to mine.. Apparently it was a twin to mine, except mine's a 440 car.....

Troy

Hey Troy, when was your car built again?  mine was Nov 18, and sequence #214385.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

what am I missing here I thought the first 500 hemi was a '68?..

"Just wondering if anyone in here could tell me what an original 1969 charger 500  "first production"  car is worth"?

Ghoste

The 68 car you mention is generally thought of as a prototype.  As for the first production 69 Hemi 500, I can tell you that it cost the current owner $294,250 to keep it when he changed his mind about selling it at an auction earlier this year.   So it's worth at least that to him.

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 26, 2006, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on September 26, 2006, 08:34:11 AM

I have a Bronze 440 4-speed '69 C500.. I should be worth big bucks... At least, I hope so...  :icon_smile_big:

Troy

Hey Troy, when was your car built again?  mine was Nov 18, and sequence #214385.

Paul,
Dana was built on Dec. 04, 1968............

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

Troy one of these days I'd like to see the sheet that you did pull out of Dana if you still have it. Got a lead on a new Charger 500 last night. Was one I had partial info on but now have full fender tag info on.

Ghoste

WINGR

Hey69dodgecharger, how are you doing? I know this was an old thread but I just recently registered on this great sight. I wanted to ask you if your Dad still had the C500 that you mentioned and if he is still interested in selling. I am an avid Mopar and Aero fan and would definately be serious about purchasing it.

Thanks,

Steve

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on October 03, 2006, 12:19:49 PM
Troy one of these days I'd like to see the sheet that you did pull out of Dana if you still have it. Got a lead on a new Charger 500 last night. Was one I had partial info on but now have full fender tag info on.

Danny,
The build sheet that was in my car was sent to Doug's Dad back in '85 or so. It belonged to a car exactly like Dana, except a hemi-car..... I think it was the one that was sequential to mine in Jersey......

Troy
Troy

69dodgecharger500

69_500

Do you have any more information on the car that your wanting to sell?

hemi-hampton

Lets see a Picture of this thing? The info is pretty Vague. LEON.

hemi-hampton