News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door sill plates?

Started by G Force, September 21, 2006, 11:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Force

I have a 70 Charger with Aluminum dioor sill plates from Year One.
I am not happy with the quality of these sill plates.
Are there any other Higher quality sill plates available.
Just not happy with the Guage and finish on the Year One sills.

resq302

My wife got me a new set for Christmas last year and as soon as I tried them on to the door sill, they were pagackaged right back up and sent back to Year One.  I agree, the fit and finish was terrible.  The fit was bad at the end and where the piece went over the pinch weld on the carpet area stuck up and left a bad gap.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

G Force

:yesnod: yeah its like paper thin , the finish stinks and the gap is so bad that the your foot can sometimes catch the edge..
I should have sent it back too... Oh Well  :-[

Silver R/T

have you tried those they sell on ebay?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

G Force

I have considered buying those on E bay,, But can not tell if the quality is any better just by looking at the ad.
Doe's anyone have them that can give feedback?