News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Inside of body panels?

Started by motorcitydak, May 01, 2010, 02:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorcitydak

I am going to hang new full quarter panels on my car soon and want to make sure they are fully protected inside and out. The outside is easy, just paint em. I am not exactly sure what to use on the insides tho. I will paint all the flanges that are to be welded with Eastwood Copper weld thru primer. I am thinking of something like the factory rubber coating and came up with this http://www.durabakcompany.com/automotive.htm
what do you guys think? It should protect the whole thing from any rust or corrosion
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Silver R/T

Just epoxy primer inside and then put some rubberized undercoating like factory did
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

motorcitydak

That is what the durabak is, figured it may be a good application for it. I ended up ordering a few aresol cans of the eastwood rubberized undercoating to use on this. Still may give the durabak a shot on the car tho
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

hemi-hampton

Can you paint over it?  LEON.

Back N Black

I used "Rust Check" oil spray in the hard to reach area's.

maxwellwedge

I use the under coating/sound deadener from Frank Badalson. It dries perfect, can be shot so it looks like the factory deadener and can be painted over like the factory did. FYI - The factory had that stuff on the quarters before they were installed.

jaak

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 18, 2010, 07:44:04 AM
I use the under coating/sound deadener from Frank Badalson. It dries perfect, can be shot so it looks like the factory deadener and can be painted over like the factory did. FYI - The factory had that stuff on the quarters before they were installed.

Cool info  :2thumbs: I didn't know that.

Jason