News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My barn find cleaned up!!

Started by IBsmokin, August 26, 2005, 09:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69maritime

Good luck from Nova Scotia!  You still have plenty of time before the salt comes.  By the way, you don't know of any 2nd generations around your area.  I'm trying to get mine ready for my wedding at the end of September, its a long shot, but I'd like yo find a cheaper parts car.
        Anyway, keep us posted on your trip, very interested to see how you do.  My car is in Cape Breton and I'm nervous about driving it to Halifax.

IBsmokin

There is a guy in Rawdon Nova Scotia that supposedly has 4 or 5 2nd gen Chargers, I need to go for a drive around there sometime and look for him.
I seen two 3rd gen 74 chargers for sale, one is in Truro and the other is in Porters lake!

6pkrunner

I'm in Halifax- about 30 miles from Rawdon. Actually Brookside, but with amalgamation its all Halifax now.

IBsmokin

its a beautiful day out today 6pkrunner it would be a nice day for a drive around Rawdon, I bet any mechanic shop in the area would know or even heard of the guy with the chargers, I think there is two salvage yards in that area as well, I bet one of them know where the guy lives.  If you go, bring a digital and snap some pics for us.  Can I see a pic of your car!   I dont see too many Chargers in Nova Scotia.  Did you see the 74 SE brougham for sale parked on the other side of the number 7 from the superstore in Porters Lake? 

plum500

That SE in Porters Lake is in pretty rough shape from what I hear, but I haven't actually seen it myself.

Hadn't seen any other 3rd gens driving around til this year about a month ago... saw 2 in 2 days, woohoo!

Mine's comin home tomorrow. Can't wait.

Cheers.

1970 FE5 RR

1970 Road Runner: 383 H.P
1971 Dodge Charger SE  440 H.P
1974 Charger SE    FOR SALE!

kikgas01

How much does it cost to get a car across the border?

IBsmokin

To get a car across the border you have to pay the taxes on the price that you payed, but if you have the person you buying it from make a seperate reciept witha the fraction of what you actually payed they how can they argue, after all its a use car, but this doesnt work with newer models.  Then they charge you a 100 bucks if it has an AC in the car.

6pkrunner

Quote from: IBsmokin on August 27, 2005, 10:50:13 AM
its a beautiful day out today 6pkrunner it would be a nice day for a drive around Rawdon, I bet any mechanic shop in the area would know or even heard of the guy with the chargers, I think there is two salvage yards in that area as well, I bet one of them know where the guy lives.  If you go, bring a digital and snap some pics for us.  Can I see a pic of your car!   I dont see too many Chargers in Nova Scotia.  Did you see the 74 SE brougham for sale parked on the other side of the number 7 from the superstore in Porters Lake? 

-it is indeed a small world, and smaller when talking Mopars. I'm sure I know who you mean. There's only a handful of us real Mopar diehards around. With a house, wife, family I don't get around to the Mopar circles like I used to, but those that grew up Mopar, still are Mopar and I chat with then several times a year. And as always there are the hustlers and shysters.

And we rolled out the ragtop Buick (GASP!) yesterday and ran down to Bridgewater and back. Constant 70mph cruising and it chewed $50CDN
At $1.129 CDN per litre that was 42.4 litres which is 11.21 US gallons. and at the conversion yesaterday $50 CDN is $41.70 USD
So that's $3.71 USD per USG we're paying right now. Glad the wife wanted to drive in the ragtop and not take the Charger. And the road runner would be right out. Half again or worse on those mileage figures ;D

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed