News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 HP Engines

Started by DBR/T, September 23, 2006, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBR/T

Hey guys,   I've got a question regarding 440 HP engines.  I've got a 69 charger R/T that obviously is missing the original engine.  I think I would at least like to find a 69 HP engine to put in it. I've been told that the block should be stamped HP2, but I've seen blocks that were HP2 and just HP.  Which way is correct, and what stops someone from stamping HP on a non HP block?  I don't want to get stung when I do buy one. Thanks for any help and info,  Dale

John_Kunkel

All high performance blocks were stamped HP or HP2, HP2 simply means the engine was assembled on the 2nd (day) shift; no difference other than that.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

myk

So, the next question would be how to physically differentiate an HP block and a non-HP block, asides from the engraving...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Chryco Psycho

they are the same , only the intenals changed , yes you can stamp a block HP IF you can  get the right size & font stamps

andyf

My block is stamped 505 HP.

DBR/T

Hey guys,  Thanks for all the info,   so are all 69 440's  casting #'s the same whether its a HP or not?   Thanks, Dale

Chryco Psycho