News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

comp 911 valve springs

Started by 01MOPAR, October 09, 2006, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

01MOPAR

What do you think about these valve springs and does anyone know how much lift they are good for?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CCA%2D911%2D16&N=700+0&autoview=sku[/url]

01MOPAR

anyone useing these springs and what lift cams are you running?

deputycrawford

I am using the 913's I believe. They are 160 lbs on the seat with a seat height of 1.9 ish.  Coil bind is around 1.3. I can't remember what the valve lift pressure is. Wait for another reply but I think you have the last set number I used. They were around 120ish on the seat. I used them with the Comp Cams high lift series .545 cam. I had valve float big time above 6000 rpms. They would be fine with a smaller cam of course. What cam do you plan on using?
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

firefighter3931

The #911 is designed for a hydraulic or mild solid cam. If you're under .550 lift you should be fine. Check with the cam manufacturer for recommended seat and open pressures before buying any valvesprings.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

deputycrawford

Firefighter, does that mean I was sorta kinda somewhat on the right track? If I'm off a little; and my wife says that alot, let me know and I will stop sending these posts.  :sick:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

firefighter3931

Quote from: deputycrawford on October 09, 2006, 08:44:07 PM
Firefighter, does that mean I was sorta kinda somewhat on the right track? If I'm off a little; and my wife says that alot, let me know and I will stop sending these posts.  :sick:

Yep....you're 2 for 2.....this one and Andy's 175k converter thread. Tell your wife i said you're a genius !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

He tells her that allready..   ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

01MOPAR

will the comp 911-16 springs work with my mp 280 474 cam?

jg68

firefighter3931

Quote from: jg68 on October 13, 2006, 10:25:50 AM
Quote from: 01MOPAR on October 13, 2006, 09:28:52 AM
will the comp 911-16 springs work with my mp 280 474 cam?

Yes..

:iagree: The 911's are fine with that grind.

Ron

deputycrawford

I will continue to tell my wife I'm edumacated. I'm smarted too.  She never believes me. :pity: