News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

primer ?????

Started by billfury, October 08, 2006, 10:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billfury

Stupid ???? but does it make a difference what color primer too use for GA4 light gunmetal metallic?If so,what color do I need?Thanks

bill440rt

I would use a gray primer. Most painters use a primer or sealer similar in color to the exterior. For example, you wouldn't want to use black primer if you're painting a car white.
What brand of paint are you using? Base/clear, or single stage? If you're not sure how well the paint covers, it's always wise to do a spray out test panel before painting the exterior of the car.

The '69 I'm building now is going Sublime. I discovered that Omni single stage required numerous coats, at least 5, to cover. The PPG basecoat only required 2-3. Both were over the same gray primer.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hemi-hampton

Sikkens makes a Colorbuild Primer or sealer which comes in about any color you want. I had a Plum Crazy Purple car to do & mixed some Red colorbuild with Blue for my own Purple primer & sealer. Dupont has what they call Value Shade, just different gray primers/sealers you can mix for proper coverage. LEON.