News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to get the rear window seal??

Started by kevin383, October 09, 2006, 08:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin383

Yearone mancini jegs?
I'm sure there are more location.
Let me know my brothers..
70 charger HT
Car's got a lot of pickup. It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

kevin383

I checked paddockparts and I didn't see Charger 70
Car's got a lot of pickup. It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

jwilk01

There is no seal for it.  It is held in with butal tape and urethane.  Glass company usually has that stuff when they put it in.

Later
Josh

Troy

Quote from: jwilk01 on October 09, 2006, 08:45:04 PM
There is no seal for it.  It is held in with butal tape and urethane.  Glass company usually has that stuff when they put it in.

Later
Josh

:iagree: It's just that black goopy sealer.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BlueSS454

Butyl tape is the way to go with the rear window.  It will allow you to set the proper thickness so the molding sets in correctly.  Urethane works, but is very messy and takes forever to dry.  You can get Butyl tape at Pep Boys.  What I do is make sure the channel is clean, then lay down some of the special primer for urethane adhesion.  Next, lay down a thin film of urethane window adhesive to aid in adhesion.  Lay the butyl tape down on the glass nice and straight, and install the glass.  Just make sure the little rubber spacers are installed so the glass sits at the proper height.
Tom Rightler

kevin383

Thanks for the replies.....But you have got to be kidding me? !!!!
I don't care who you are! That's funny right there!!