News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clones From Around the World - Post Your Pics

Started by Daytona Guy, August 26, 2005, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

6pkrtse

For all you guys that have done them. I just picked up the Vega rear window hatch for mine. Does anyone have dimensions or a schematic on how you located where to center the rear window to be correct?
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona Guy

Quote from: 6pkrtse on November 15, 2011, 12:48:55 PM
For all you guys that have done them. I just picked up the Vega rear window hatch for mine. Does anyone have dimensions or a schematic on how you located where to center the rear window to be correct?

In the middle - Make sure the up arrow is up :) I answered this on another post :)

Dane

Daytona Guy

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

djcarguy

been in eugene and springfield oregon 34 years and the ducks suck,,,GO BEAVERS,HAHAHAHA..duck may win depends on how many of the gangster player are in jail that weekend,hahaha...   awesum car dane with out the al O ON it.
      cute pic with little guy on car but please keep a closer eye on car ,bad example soon all the kids will be cralling up on the cars with shoes on,lol------dj sprfld  :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

djcarguy

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 10, 2011, 07:25:27 PM
Hemi daytona clone  :icon_smile_big:

have you fiberglassed and made molds of this Hemi Daytona yet????????   What frame and hemi ya putting in it????    any guess what retail  cost for body and frame kit will sell for???????thanks

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

djcarguy

:popcrn: :2thumbs:
  well i started going thru this thread and making n list and notes,trying to make a clone count?

WEll anyone interested in a clone registry  or clone catolog ? any one with the time and canpouter skill to do a on line  site ?//?

Could be all wing clones and maybe what-if custom wing cars  site and registry??????????????????

my guess is up to 150 daytona clones,and 25 verts,done or in the works,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe 100 superbirds and 25 birdables
   3 to ???? 71 and  g series,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe 1-2 dozen off year custom wing cars???  wow its lateZZZZZ and few drinks,,haha   well any takers?//? :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:

djcarguy

Well i was really hoping and sure there would be some interest in a clone registry and or clone catolog?????????
Some where or way to catolog and enjoy the pictures and personel taste and style that people have built into their clone of great cars with wings and becks.

WEll very interested in how many clone are out there and being enjoyed?????????????? :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn:

69rtse4spd

aussie daytona

BigBlockSam

hotrod98

I've been seriously thinking about building another wingcar clone. I don't drive my real bird much nowadays but don't want to sell it. I'm worried that I'll have seller's remorse. I have a lot of the stuff to build a bird clone but I've located a good candidate for a Daytona clone.

I want a car that I can jump into and do the power tour or drive to Vegas for MATS. My next clone will have a 6.1 modern hemi and a five speed with large disc brakes It will have modern a/c, modern seats, modern Autometer gauges and probably the 17" magnums from YearOne. This time I'll engineer the drop down headlamp doors like the ones on the HPP nose. I'll install the late model challenger taillights.

Of course, it will have to be all black with black wing.

I like the looks of Mike Musto's car but will go gloss black. Might have to do something creative with the hood. I just want something totally different.

We're finishing up on wingin-it's matching numbers Daytona here at the shopand it really has me wanting to do a Daytona clone again. Now I just need to get Dane to make me another wing.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 25, 2013, 10:55:37 PM
I've been seriously thinking about building another wingcar clone. I don't drive my real bird much nowadays but don't want to sell it. I'm worried that I'll have seller's remorse. I have a lot of the stuff to build a bird clone but I've located a good candidate for a Daytona clone.

I want a car that I can jump into and do the power tour or drive to Vegas for MATS. My next clone will have a 6.1 modern hemi and a five speed with large disc brakes It will have modern a/c, modern seats, modern Autometer gauges and probably the 17" magnums from YearOne. This time I'll engineer the drop down headlamp doors like the ones on the HPP nose. I'll install the late model challenger taillights.

Of course, it will have to be all black with black wing.

I like the looks of Mike Musto's car but will go gloss black. Might have to do something creative with the hood. I just want something totally different.

We're finishing up on wingin-it's matching numbers Daytona here at the shopand it really has me wanting to do a Daytona clone again. Now I just need to get Dane to make me another wing.
just use lonny's he wont miss it   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Lonny's is a solid wing. I want a hollow aluminum version just like the one that I used on my last clone. I'm going to shorten the fenders and hood like the F&F Daytona.
I bought the 70 Charger so I guess I'm committed to this project. Should be committed for building another clone.
I found a steel repro nose to alter and need the wing more than any other part right now.
I'll post some pics in a new thread in a few days.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 29, 2013, 04:08:39 PM
Lonny's is a solid wing. I want a hollow aluminum version just like the one that I used on my last clone. I'm going to shorten the fenders and hood like the F&F Daytona.
I bought the 70 Charger so I guess I'm committed to this project. Should be committed for building another clone.
I found a steel repro nose to alter and need the wing more than any other part right now.
I'll post some pics in a new thread in a few days.
I could loan you my wing with the promise from dane it will be replaced when he does another run , on your dime as I think they have gone up since i bought

hotrod98

I might take you up on that. If Dane doesn't make more wings, I might end up buying a Janek f/g wing. I once had a Janek f/g wing that I bought from Howie and it was a very nice piece. It was on my clone until Dane started making the hollow aluminum wings. I really want to stay away from using fiberglass and plastic on this car. I would also like to have a set of steel fender scoops.
I'll probably start selling off a few cars to finance this build. It aint gonna be cheap.  ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 29, 2013, 11:58:05 PM
I might take you up on that. If Dane doesn't make more wings, I might end up buying a Janek f/g wing. I once had a Janek f/g wing that I bought from Howie and it was a very nice piece. It was on my clone until Dane started making the hollow aluminum wings. I really want to stay away from using fiberglass and plastic on this car. I would also like to have a set of steel fender scoops.
I'll probably start selling off a few cars to finance this build. It aint gonna be cheap.  ;D

i have been working on don to get the steel or  aluminum fender scoops going so that is in the possibility

you are welcome to my wing anytime brother

Hemi Runner

I guess I'm going to have to sell off one of these hemis to get a wing......... ::)

Daytona R/T SE

Just thought I'd toss a couple of pics of my car into this thread... ;)