News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spray Gun.

Started by MTPOCKET, August 22, 2005, 12:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTPOCKET

Does the spray gun make a difference in quality of paint job.   :icon_smile_question:

70plumrt

Oh yeah! Most definetly!
I was given cheap guns with compressor purchases and what a waste of time!
A cheap gun may be fine for primer that you can block sand later...but don't even try on your finished paint job
Get a gravity fed HVLP gun...they are about $100
Maybe research the gun you want, and find a bargain tool supplier on ebay ::)

Drop Top

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I use to think that it didn't make any difference. Then I tried a Sata. Fell in love with it. Cut my cut and buff time in half. I never thought anyone could make a better gun. Then I demoed an Iwata for the clear. Boy was I wrong. The clear lays down mush nicer then the Sata. Noe I use the Sata for my base and the Iwata for my clear. I just found out that Iwata has a new gun for base coats now. I'm going to try it on my next car. They claim that the new Iwata for base atomizes much better for a more even layer. Great for metallics. I have always said that a painter/body person is only as good as his tools. However I also believe just buying expensive tools doesn't make you a good painter/body person. You have to know how to use them. So if your learning buy an inexpensive one like from Harbor Freight first. Then as you learn how to paint move up to a better gun. You may find that you just can't get the hang of painting and this way you haven't wasted allot of Denaro ($$$).

cudaken

A good starter gun is a Sharp Colbolt retail's for right around $150.00 with a 1.8 head. I like to try a Sata, but just out of my prices range.

Cuda Ken
I am back

B5 Charger

I am looking for a gun too but I just want to be able to shoot primer/sealer over bare metal.  I am going to leave the finish work for a pro.  I saw an Ingersol-Rand at TSC for around $100.00.  Would this work for shooting epoxy primer sealer???

70plumrt

that should be alright for any primer (never heard of that one)
if you wanted to save on paint job though, you may wish to do trunk, floors and even engine bay yourself
and find with practice your up for the task
in which case it's worth the few extra bucks

Drop Top

B5 Charger;
If you have a Harbor Freight in your area. Get one of their gravity feed guns. On sale they run about $60.00. Its the first gravity feed gun that I ever used. Its a good gun for the money. Works very well for primer and I used it for painting entill I could aford a better gun,

sharpspike

if your looking for guns, you might want to check out this place. got my sata and finex cheaper than ebay.

http://www.spraygunworld.com/products/Sharpe/index.htm