News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another superbird clone with rear black plastic window trim

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, October 22, 2006, 06:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

the molding came from a glass co call ryans auto glass. the molding is two pieces . its  off a chevy van. it is wide enough to fill the gap from the glass to the body. i hope this helps you. 

hotrod98

Any way that you could post a pic or two of the trim before and after installation and possibly a part number for the guys that might need one some day?
I"m leaving the back glass stock on my wife's bird clone so I don't need any glass trim for her's but might build another one with the altered back glass eventually.
Here's a clone that I looked at a year or so ago with the black trim. The trim is a little wider than I would like, but then again it might need to be that way on this car since the back glass was actually lexan.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

billssuperbird

the part number for the molding is wktd1161. it comes with two rubber moldings + two metal caps. may kit did not have the caps.so i went to chevy for them . the part number for them is 14027097. this molding is the same width as the real superbird molding. my car has original superbird rear glass in it. when i get the top on i will take pictures. :drive:

daytonalo

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

sunroofsuperbird

Here is my black window trim the glass shop had rolls of it no problem. yes they had chrome too but it dont bend very well and didnt look good. but any glass shop should have this.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

daytonalo

A tip for the do it youselfers, on older cars with glass WITHOUT black band around glass , install Butyl tape on very edge of glass and then install in pinchweld , this way you wont see uneven Butyl tape from outside of car after trim is installed . I installed Glass for 5 years , just trying to help