News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update sunroof Superbird project

Started by sunroofsuperbird, October 24, 2006, 08:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on May 18, 2007, 10:05:38 AM
What model Keisler is that ????? Did you go with hyd clutch ????? I heard they have the worst cust service !!!!!! Larry

tko600 and yes hyd clutch throwout bearing it was simple to install and there cust. service was awesome as far as im concerned A+ to them
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

daytonalo

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on May 18, 2007, 01:47:40 PM
how much for everything  ????????

5200.00 and that was everything nuts bolts and all everything except the console top plate.........sorry about the hijack
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

daytonalo

I have a flywheel and want to use stock z-bar , and I think I was quoted around 3500 , pistol grip , no ugly console , just all business !!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on May 18, 2007, 02:56:26 PM
I have a flywheel and want to use stock z-bar , and I think I was quoted around 3500 , pistol grip , no ugly console , just all business !!!

to be honest i can take a console or leave it myself but the sifter comes out on top of the tunnel and cant really be made to look stock w/o a console and thats why my charger has a console, not that i dislike consoles i just like em both ways and buddy seats are also cool!

daytonalo

sunroofsuperbird

Well I got my engine stuck up in car tonight. Hopfully I can have it on its feet this weekend.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

BigBlockSam

good luck with the start up. oil it good before you lite the fuse. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

sunroofsuperbird

Well got most of front suspension in now so it could be on wheels now and roll. still need to finish up some final things before I let it down and get wheels on it.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

daytonalo

Looks incredible Marty ! In my opinion , huge mistake , not going with mini starter !

sunroofsuperbird

Well it is finally on the ground. It has been about 6 years or better since it last rolled. I have all the underside stuff done now so now its time to start installing the wiring and get it running. I guess I will have to steal the Hust shifter box mechanics out of my GTX conv since I can not buy a new one? they say they are on a 10 month back order? just put the ralleys off my Challenger wagon on it for now until I get new wheels? anyway its on the ground  :yesnod:
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

70charger_boy

THE CHARGER PUNK

man 2 think you built all that yourself is nuts :yesnod: 1 sweet ride :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

looking good! the birth of a wing car.  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

THE CHARGER PUNK

also i like the rake and the tire size on that car, it almost pisses me off 2 see every wing car 100% dead stock restored all the time..BORING, this car is 100% cool :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

I love regular stock looking wing cars but I love your 'Bird!!!!!!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

daytonalo

HEY KEEP THIS G-RATED , THIS IS NOT BROKE BACK AERO CLUB !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunroofsuperbird

Well the sunroof superbird is registered for carlisle. and dodgecharger.com is the club. see you there hope it moves under its own power but it will be there 1 way or another. I may need some help pushing  :brickwall:
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

Aero426

What are you doing for headlights?

Troy

Quote from: DougSchellinger on June 06, 2007, 10:54:22 PM
What are you doing for headlights?
Assuming something like the original(?) I see vacuum canisters...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,19940.msg276512.html#msg276512

Can't wait to see it at Carlisle.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

sunroofsuperbird

Well I drove it for the first time tonight. Still have big problems hard brakes and clutch thats ? but at least it moved under its own power so i wont have to push it at carlisle. I hope I can get it where I can cruise in it but that dont look good  :RantExplode: I have got my headlights wired in just to be able to drive so they dont look great so dont kick me. I took it to the local cruise in tonight a few miles away and heressome pics of it there.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

THE CHARGER PUNK

Sweet to see it on the road :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :drool5: hows the sunroof in the sun?

BigBlockSam

yo mister
  your car looks great! congrats on getting it going ,most projrcts don't make it that far.  :2thumbs:

Charger1973

That things looking better all the time!  I agree its nice to see a wing car thats not stock looking once in a while.  Keep up the progress! :cheers:

Ghoste

Isn't it amazing how correct that hood looks for the car?  And yes, I know it's a Coronet scoop and hood, I meant the way it looks with the rest of the car.