News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Glass Date Codes

Started by Carl1, November 15, 2006, 02:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl1

Just getting ready to order some glass....Normally would there be about a 6 week lead time for the glass code before build date. What about the C500 rear glass would it have been closer to the build date of the car. Was there much difference in the date codes on the side glass. Is it common for all the side glass to have the same date. Can someone with an original C500 or Daytona please help. Thanks, Carl

hemi68charger

Carl.
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the C500's or Daytonas would have had something special about their date codes on glass.. I'll check my glass on my C500 and let you know what I find...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

if you think about it , the only non matching glass code would be the backlite, being that it was installed at creative ind.

Ghoste

It probably still falls in that build schedule or fairly close to it though.  They obviously would have ordered it as soon as the production was given a green light.  As far as matching, I think it would be fairly common for glass to have different date codes.  You're really just looking for for codes that fall within that lead time you mentioned.  Not too close to the build date (or after) and not too far ahead.

69_500

You keep bringing up off the wall questions don't ya. Just kidding.

I'll check on my glass on the rear window and see what the dates are on it.

I'll update the other post on the 3 phone calls I had last night.