News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carb Question

Started by Dads68RT, November 04, 2006, 09:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dads68RT

I'm a total rookie at the muscle car thing. I've done my share of brakes and water pumps. But this is all new. I'm working on a 68 RT with a 440. It has a Holley 4 barrel carb (size large) when I turn the key the fuel pump squirts fuel out of this anlge-cut tube on top of the carb. It sprays it a good 2 or 3 inches in the air. Please help me before I blow something up!!

Here's an earlier pic of the motor

Thanks,

Art

Chryco Psycho

there is dirt in the needle & seat assy , you need to remove it & clean it , use a 5/8Wrench & lossen the nut on the rear bowl & thread the nut & Needle up out of the bowl & clean it out with compressed air /carb clean etc & reinstall the needle , you will need to reset the float level so remove the brass sight plug from the side of the bowl , you will need to thread the needle down further than it was before  & fuel will spill out the sight plug now start the engine &  raise the needle , [the nut controls the height , the screw just locks it into place ], until fuel is just even with the sight plug & may just trickle out
it wouldn`t hurt to change the fuel filter as well

Dads68RT

Chryco Psycho