News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carpet

Started by JohnnyBee, November 18, 2006, 02:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBee

Has anyone used:

StockInterior
290-G Applewood Center Place #329,
Seneca, SC 29678

Or who have you used?

MorePwr

These guys?  http://www.stockinteriors.com/autocarpet.asp?Itemid=599&MakeId=7&ModelId=132

If that is who you're talking about, then yes I bought one of their carpets this summer for for my wife to install in our 69, it fit like crap! she has a lot of experience custom making and installing carpets, as she ran an upholstery business for about 15 years. so this should have been a breeze.

We bought the premolded carpet to save some time and labor, but it would have been faster to go custom in the first place. the center hump portion of the carpet was molded way to big, four or five layers of carpet worth.....I was expecting the premolded to be something I could install, but had i done it. it would have looked like those baggy jeans the kids are wearing these days.

On the bright side it was cheap, shipping was fast and the carpet quality was decent. just poor fit.

I'm stating all this because I hate to give a company a bad name for what could be my pickyness. :shruggy: others may have had better luck.

phat69charger

AWSOM50

got mine from Legendary..  I don't think it was moulded though.   It was pretty easy to install and ended up fitting pretty good after settling in.  Needed trimming and holes for seatbelts etc made but not too hard
'69 Charger General Lee
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Mechanical newbie

JohnnyBee

Quote from: AWSOM50 on November 18, 2006, 08:20:54 PM
got mine from Legendary..  I don't think it was moulded though.   It was pretty easy to install and ended up fitting pretty good after settling in.  Needed trimming and holes for seatbelts etc made but not too hard

Was it in two parts (front and back)?

41husk

I have always used ACC got mine from dantes parts,  He did me pretty well but I don't remember exactly what I paid.  I bought the entire enterior for my 68 from them.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

73chgrSE

Quote from: JohnnyBee on November 19, 2006, 07:58:48 AM
Quote from: AWSOM50 on November 18, 2006, 08:20:54 PM

Was it in two parts (front and back)?

Mine was from legendary and it was 2 pieces.