News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who makes the best mechanical fuel pump?

Started by chargermick, July 22, 2005, 03:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

I know that this has been covered before but, I didn't need a new fuel pump then so I didn't pay close attention. I figured that when I did need one I would just do a search on the old board. That didn't work out as well as expected.

Mefirst

Just 6T9 CHGR

That pump would require a regulator.

I use the Carter Street Super Mechanical Fuel Pump which puts out 5.5-7.5 psi

Depends on your application race/street......both are high quality
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Same answer.  I use the Carter as well.  I'm very happy with it in a street application.

Chryco Psycho

Holley has a good one as well , use what you can get the best price on
chack the feul pump pushrod at that time also

RECHRGD

I use the Carter one as well and a regulator.  It was pumping almost 10lbs. unregulated.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Nacho-RT74

fuel pump and regulator ? never heard about that...

definitelly don't use AAC
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Headrope

If you're just looking to wear a pair of jeans it doesn't matter if you purchase Levis, Wranglers or other name brand.  If you need something comfortable to ride horses in you might consider Wranglers, as they have flat seems so don't chafe as much.

My point: Most everyone has a particular name brand they prefer. Asking which is the best will result in many different answers. Mechanical fuel pumps are pretty basic. Unless you have a specific application or need just about brand of mechanical fuel pump should do fine.

I'd recommend the one I'm running on my motor, but don't know it's name. It's been on there longer than I've owned the car: 8 years. Does that make it the best? I don't know. It pumps gas as the engine turns, though. That's all I need it to do.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BigBlockSam

i  used the Holley. correct presure, the bottom of it is adjustable for fuel line position. and it's chrome and real pretty.   :scope:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

chargermick

Thanks everyone, I'm leaning toward the Holley. I've seen it in magazines, anyone know how much they go for?

Just 6T9 CHGR

If memory serves Holleymech pumps are made by Carter......????
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MoparYoungGun

I would go with the pump Chris (6T9_CHARGER_RT) suggested. I also believe that the Carter pumps are
cheaper than Holley pumps. Just something to think about.

Johnny SixPack

I'm with the Carter guys.

When I asked Ron what he would recommend he told me of this one: Carter Fuel Pump @ Summit

That's what will go on my 496 when it is built.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!