News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Blower Motor Wiring Questions - 74 charger

Started by dvnen, November 29, 2006, 02:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvnen

Finally got the all the wiring back into the car and actually got everything to work, except for the heater/ac blower motor which does not have power.  After a bit of digging around I noticed that there is a wire coming out of the blower motor in the engine compartment that has been cut off and when I connect it to power the blower motor turns on.  So....my question is can anyone tell me where this wire extends to or where should it be connected to. Any pictures or wiring diagrams would be great. Thanks....

71_deputy

here is a diagram- should be close. pm if you need info!!

John Mac
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

dvnen

thanks for the reply, John, does the wire go into the engine wiring harness or routed back into the car and into the box below the glove compartment, which I presume is the heater blower motor switch.  Thanks...

71_deputy

what color is the wire that is in the engine bay???? dark blue??? if so then it must go to a pressure switch that is on one of the ac lines- it then goes to the compressor.

the ac gets it's power from the light green wire from the ac switch bank to the fuse block fuse # 6

blower is the black wire and is feed from the fuse block # 7 fuse
1967 Charger 440/auto
2000 1500 Ram Van

dvnen

Ok...this is going to get complicated now.  It is an a/c car but I have removed all the ac parts except the blower and I think that the engine compartment wiring harness is from a non ac car.  The wire from the blower in the engine compartment is dark blue..so now what????

71_deputy

WIRE SHOULD BE A DARK GREEN ONE FOR THE BLOWER MOTOR

should then go to the bulkhead harness that then will go to the heater control.

is the dark blue wire from the blower motor?????
1967 Charger 440/auto
2000 1500 Ram Van

dvnen

it is dark green...but it is cut off at the blower.  I will look to see if I can find where it goes into the bulkhead harness.  Do you have the wiring diagram for the a/c heater control switch for both a/c cars and non a/c.  Thanks

71_deputy

DIAGRAM ABOVE SHOWS BOTH.

THE GREEN WIRE SHOULD BE TO #4 terminal- look for the 4 spade connector that the tranny wires go to- should be a spare or cut wire there!!!!!

John Mac
1967 Charger 440/auto
2000 1500 Ram Van