News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mean 318

Heck2G14

DS440  Very Nice!!!!!    Thank you

Rolling_Thunder

here is the wheel
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ds440

;D
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

ds440

Another request from 528hemicuda:

-The '68 from Cannonball.  I'm still not sure why you need a photoshopped image of a car in which photos of it already exist.

Futhermore, the link you sent that had the specific decals you wanted - didn't work.  So I just copied something similar to what was original - close enough.

ds440

Here you go, Rolling_Thunder. ;D

Awesome car, BTW.

Rolling_Thunder

sweet! - thanks alot - looks like i'll be adding the top and saving for the wheels and tires...
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Serious Satellite

Well, new guy here coming over from the Road Runner's Nest.  I've been trying to photoshop a few design templates for my 1974 Serious Satellite Project, soon to have a 360 Magnum Mopar crate!, and I would like to ask for some help.  I suck at photoshop, or in my case Gimp.

I didn't want to clone this car but I still wanted something different for the Serious Satellite.  It came originally as pictured below--not my car, I stole this off of e-bay--but it is exact.  The car as it sits when I bought it has a paint brushed auto paint, black, that absolutely is going away.  What I would like is a different Mopar green with the Sherwood green metalliic around the wheel wells and rockers.  The body of the car should be the color I provided.  I want to use the 74 RR stripe package for the front fender and door, but change it up after that.  Instead of the strobe going up over the roof, I'd rather have it move along the contour of the car moving toward the rear of the car.   Parchment white for the stripe on the bulge hood and the side and an optional one with the stripes black. The side moldings go away.  I want to try the templates with the vinyl roof and without.

[img=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7136/92963vt7.png>http://imageshack.us]

Should you do this,  have fun with it and be creative.  Don't feel restricted by my guidelines.  Oh, one more thing.  I'd like to see this with a wing on the trunk and rear window louvres.  As far as the wheels, I'd like to see the American Racing's Jensens or outlaws. 

Thanks ahead of time, should you choose to do this project.  You're a heck of a lot better at this than I!

ds440

Hey Serious, welcome to the site. ;)

Do you have a bigger picture?  With those pictures, you won't be able to see all the detail.

Also, I'm not 100% clear on the color.  You want a different color around the wheel wells/rockers?  Another green?  But you want to KEEP the car the above color?

Serious Satellite

Could you use this?  I can resize it if you want and if you give the go ahead, then I'll explain better what I'm lookin for.

ds440

I found a pic I think will work ;), I think all I need now is clearer explanation of the paint scheme.

Specifically what is the other color green you are looking for?  Lighter?  Darker?

Serious Satellite

Quote from: ds440 on January 31, 2007, 01:53:09 PM
I found a pic I think will work ;), I think all I need now is clearer explanation of the paint scheme.

Specifically what is the other color green you are looking for?  Lighter?  Darker?

Well, it should look like this:

Sublime green  Appears to be a much more dramatic green than the seventies version.  Love it though.

and the rally strobes should be patterned after the 72 (?) Cuda:

and I think I'd like to take a look at the trunk with this:

That may be a bit too much, but it's worth a look.

Forget the two tone stuff, just go straight sublime.  I'd like to see it with a black vinyl top and without.  All stripes should be black.

No Road Runners, straight Serious Satellite.  With Mopar mods of course. 

Thanks.

P.S.  I trust your artistic ability and would like to encourage you to experiment with the Serious Satellite project.  If you can think of something better than Sherwood Metallic Green and keep this a Satellite without cloning it into a Road Runner, I'd love it.  So, feel free to experiment with the project.  You're good at this. 

ds440

Here you go, Serious. ;D

I tried to manipulate the strobe stripe to contour the body as best as I could.  I'm not too well versed on the differences between a Satellite and a 'Runner, but I tried to use the previous images as reference.  Good luck on your project. ;)

Serious Satellite

Geez Louise, you're good.  I like em both, but for the sake of originality, I think I'm gonna keep the vinyl top.  Too many getting ripped off these days.

The difference between a 73/74 Satellite and a Roadrunner is pretty basic.  The same car, different trim packages.  By the years 73/74 the Road Runner had been tamed down quite a bit.  Emission standards and collision requirements for bumpers were changed by the government and couple that with the gas crisis of the mid seventies, the muscle car was dying a slow death.  That and there are a ton of clones out there now, so finding a Satellite is a bit difficult.  The bulge hood is too sweet to pass up though, that's the one concession I'm making.

I love the 73/74 Mopars because 1) I owned one back in the day as a kid of 18 in 74;  2) I think they are underappreciated by Mopar fans; and 3) they can still be picked up at a pretty reasonable price.  My Satellite cost me all of 700 bucks and I drove it to Dayton from it's original  home in Virginia.  Can't beat that.

There is still enough of the muscle car heritage within them to make them worthy of restoration.  I'm dropping a 360 Magnum crate in my Satellite this summer, basically because it's a quick change of one engine mount, and two because the 318, while a dependable mule, isn't enough of a horse for me!  I want a car on steroids.    With all of the Mopar Mods available you can definitely modify these neo-muscle cars into steroidal monsters.  And truth to be told, I can't remember a single soul that owned a muscle car back in the seventies that didn't modify their car!

Great work.  I think I'm gonna keep it green, but switch to the sublime as you provided.  It's just too cool.

Peace everybody, and
Have a Nice Day :yesnod:

Serious Satellite

One last request and I'll bet it's finished.  On the 74 Serious Satellite you did for me, my wife would like to see the vinyl roof model with a copper paint, white roof, and white stripes. 

We're discussing the color and she's . . . voicing her opinion! 

ds440

Brock Samson

if ya' drive that your gotta gets some bellbottomed cords...  :icon_smile_big:
nice thread!

Serious Satellite

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 02, 2007, 01:00:48 PM
if ya' drive that your gotta gets some bellbottomed cords...  :icon_smile_big:
nice thread!

Man do I remember those bell bottoms.  Gotta get some puka shells to go with them though!  I still have the long hair, but I look less like Barry Gibb and more like Michael McDonald these days!  Everything's turning silvery white! 

What's really seventies is that I found an old Craig 8 track Quad player, the carrying case and owners manual, and sixty four eight track quad tapes on e-bay for thirty five bucks.  It's been gone over by our local t.v. repair shop, and it's as good as new, looks new!  So that's definitely going in with the Sirius Satellite setup.  Hence the play on the Serious Satellite!

What I don't understand is why my wife is so darn stubborn about NOT getting that bronze/copper.  She won't even consider it! 

69bronzeT5

Can somebody do some photoshopping for me? Just play around with the pic. I wanna see what you guys can do. And also, can somebody do the "Cars" thing to my 69? Heres a pic to play with.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ds440

Here you go, Bee.

I know you said that I didn't need to change the color, but I did it anyway.  No big deal.  I used the image you sent as the basis for the color.  Also I wasn't sure if you wanted to get rid of the side markers - it looked like you did - so I took them off (rubber stamp tool).  And I dropped in the carbon fiber stripe. :icon_smile_wink:

Couple of tricks:
The blue/halo headlights - select the area (lasso tool), then go to IMAGE >> ADJUSTMENTS >> VARIATIONS.  A dialogue box will open and you can uniformly add color.  For the headlights, I clicked "more blue" like 5 or 6 times.  That trick works pretty well - give it a try. :yesnod:

Silver, white and black paint can be tricky.  In reality, the paint isn't void of color.  If you just desaturate the color (making it grey, white or black) the car will look like it's out of a black and white photo.  So what I do is take the airbrush (like 20% opacity) with a light blue selected and give it a single swipe along the upper character line (basically the upper fenders).  Then I go back and erase the blue along the upper portions of the car.  It doesn't need to be a real heavy blue.  Very faint.

Another trick with the rims, is sometimes I will "turn" the front wheel.  For example the front tire in both images is the exact same wheel.  I just copied/pasted one from the other, then flipped it horizontally.  It's an easy way to avoid changing the perspective of the rim (which is by far the hardest part - as you well know).

Let me know if I missed anything or if you're looking for something else.  Thanks. :icon_smile_cool:

ds440

A Cars '69.  ;)

bee_fishy_6869

Thanks DS,
I like the color you chose. Now it will be hard to choose for sure between that or a darker.
Thanks for the additional tips as well, I'll have to try them out on my own and see how it goes.
You even did the CF stripe on the back, cool, What effect is the bet for that one?

ds440

No problem, bee. ;D

Re: the carbon fiber stripe.
- I did a google image search for "carbon fiber" and found a decent image that was a square CF pattern.  I grabbed it and placed it on its own layer over the stripe.  I turned the transparency of the CF down, and erased all the areas of CF not within the stripe.  I turned the transparency back up on the CF layer.  Then (and this is key), I grabbed areas that are darker on the car (like the lower fender and the decklid) of the CF layer and went to IMAGE>>ADJUSTMENTS>>CURVES and grabbed the center point and dragged it downward.  It darkens those areas that would be in shadow. :yesnod:

Man, I wish I could do a video of this stuff.  It's easier to SHOW you than type it out.  Hope this helps...

...and good luck on your decisions! :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

THE CHARGER PUNK

How about a General lee daytona complete with tan interior,roll bar,Huge Cb antenna,vector rims,rocker and wheel well mouldings and a push bar?????? whatdya say ds400? :icon_smile_big:

bee_fishy_6869

Quote from: ds440 on February 06, 2007, 08:30:56 PM
Man, I wish I could do a video of this stuff.  It's easier to SHOW you than type it out.  Hope this helps...

Read you loud and clear. I was actually doing the same thing when I was tinkering with CF, used an image and cut a selection, but wasn't sure if that method was correct. Will try you tips.

I'll try to get my hands on some computer screen image capture software that makes little videos of your PC screen while your using it.