News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Dash Harness Part Number??

Started by BlueSS454, November 03, 2006, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSS454

I have 2 dash harnesses sitting here in front of me.  Each one is hacked up in it's own way.  I can repair them no problem but they have 2 different part numbers.  The one that came out of my 69 is the least hacked and the part number is 2291593 (raised black digits) and 2926376 (inked white digits).  Both of these numbers are onthe fuse block.  The other one I have is 2291593 (raised black digits) and 2889244 (inked white digits).  WOuld I be correct in assuming that the first one I listed is for a 69 and the second one is for a 68?  The 69 is a factory 383/auto car with AC if that matters.  I am guessing that the number 2291593 is the part number for the fuse block itself and the inked numbers are the part numbers for the harness??
Tom Rightler

Ghoste

I'm looking at the 69 book right now, I'll try and cross reference with the 68 shortly, BUT, what I'm seeing is different than what you are holding.
I see the fuse block as being 2586760 and the dash harness as being 2926 226.

BlueSS454

I found a bunch more of wrong things with both of these harnesses I have here.  More wires are missing, connectors are broke, and it appears this harness is from a car without gauges (the amp gauge wires are MIA).  I think I'm just going to break down and spend the $500 for a new one from Year One.
Tom Rightler

dads_69

I bought a new dash harness from Year One. Looks god compared to the org. set up. They also sent me a key switch with keys, I don't think they normally do that either, so I got lucky you might say. I have the part # is case you want it from new catolog also. Total price was $535.00 to my door.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

BlueSS454

I have the Year ONe catalog right here.  I'm just trying to get some things ready for installation so I can just put the car back together after I paint it and not have to fumble around with other things to hold it up.  I'll order the new harness when I'm ready to put the interior back in.  I already redid the tail light harness and forward light harness.  They both checked out ok.
Tom Rightler

hemi68charger

Quote from: dads_69 on November 07, 2006, 12:04:43 AM
I bought a new dash harness from Year One. Looks god compared to the org. set up. They also sent me a key switch with keys, I don't think they normally do that either, so I got lucky you might say. I have the part # is case you want it from new catolog also. Total price was $535.00 to my door.
Mark

Mark,
Are you pleased with the quality? Have you installed it yet? I may need to get one from Dana. She had a wee bit of a smoking problem on the way home from the AutoRama club display last night... Let's just say the complete interior was filled with smoke.....    :'(

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

JimShine

We used a Year One harness in Lee1. Actually, we replaced all harnesses. The quality was very good and the biggest headache was rigging up the dash. After that the rest was super easy. It took maybe a day to install everything and it all worked perfect the first time.

The difference between the 1968 and 1969 harnesses (from memory) are the headlight harness and reverse light harness.