News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

September 1rst, stick it up their behind day! read this

Started by IBsmokin, August 27, 2005, 09:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsmopar

Steve P.

I agree that not buying for one day would not hurt the gas companies. Though I do believe that when the masses take a stand things are normally taken more seriously..

Why isn't there a bigger push for alternate fuels??

Why isn't there some incentive for companies to spread out so people are not traveling an hour to and from their jobs??

Why aren't we using more of the suns energy??

Why aren't the Iraqi's filling our tankers if they LOVE US SOOOOOO MUCH??

Why is Jimmy Johnson so freaky about his hair??

Why does anyone watch REALITY shows??

Why did the chicken cross the road??

Why do I get gassy every time I drive by a Mc Donalds??

Why are women so infactuated with diamonds??

Why do the birds go on singing??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

sandman21

I am with gsmopar....I thought this was thread for the opening day of dove season.  It is like Christmas day in my family....have fun whoever is going.

Lowprofile

My  :Twocents: worth......
I think we can make more of a impact on our fuel/energy problems by changing the way we live our daily lives. Changing the way we drive, consolidating our errands, car pool, use public transit a few days a week, ride a bike or a motorcycle to work. Buy a small car for your commute to work, etc etc......... There are so many small things we can do to conserve energy...... At home & at work. At the end of the day, those small things add up. :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Vainglory, Esq.

:popcrn:

Tell ya what Troy; why don't you just keep talking - that way I don't have to enter the conversation...

Troy

Quote from: Vainglory on August 29, 2005, 02:07:15 PM
:popcrn:

Tell ya what Troy; why don't you just keep talking - that way I don't have to enter the conversation...

You work(ed) for the research place - where'd all that data go? :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

The Mad Scientist

Quote from: The Mad Scientist on August 28, 2005, 11:51:12 PM

If you have to pay more for crude (over 65 bucks a barel right now) won't you have to pay more for all its' by products???

I was being sarcastic.   And I've said once unclearly and once with sarcasm exactly what you've said.   I'd speak plainly but I'm too much of a jerk for that.  

Apology accepted, you seemed confused with some of the details of petrollium distillation, so I'll educate you.

Here's how the fractional distillation of petroleum   works...

Crude oil is heated to a temp. hot enough to vaporize all its' components

The hot vapors flow to the bottom of a fractionating tower which is warmer towards the bottom.   As vapors rise and cool the components condense at various levels of heat.   Hydrocarbons that have higher boiling points like tar condense first at the warmer tempratures.   Hydrocarbons with lower boiling points like gasoline travel and condense at the top of the fractionating tower where it's cooler.   Pipes at various levels carry away these components.   The exclusion to this is natural gas, methane mostly which does not condense but is collected at the top of the tower.  

starting at the top of the fractionating tower going down...

Natural gas

Gasoline

Kerosene

Diesel

Lubricating stocks

Tar

IBsmokin

so I take it everyone is still going to buy gas on the 1rst????

Troy

Quote from: IBsmokin on August 29, 2005, 08:32:48 PM
so I take it everyone is still going to buy gas on the 1rst????

The only thing that I will be doing on the 1st is going to work. It's 35 miles each way so I can't bike it or walk. I won't need gas before then so I won't be buying any on that day. Does that count?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.