News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Wiring Harness Question.

Started by TylerCharger69, December 07, 2006, 05:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

I'm running into a bit of a dilemna with the wiring harnesses for the electric window motors.   A member from this forum was gracious enough to trade me even for my electronic window regulators for his manual crank regulators.   I have the manual ones already installed in the doors.  My question is this....Where the harness goes through the side body wall (where the door hinge bolts on to the pillar) There is a big, round rubber grommet that plugs the hole (behind the kick panel....but before the door) with the harness running through it which appears to be a sealed unit.   Was the hole there for all models, both electric and manual?...And...If so.....is there a plug grommet ( a blank...I guess you would call it) that I could put there in place of the original because when it rains, it leaks inside the car.   I was forced to put that assembly back in because of this issue.   If there is a pic of the part I need...that would help too!!!   I hope that hole was not only found on electric window cars.   I'm only ASSUMING it was like this on all models.

71_deputy

holes where only for the power windows. so manual window car it would of be just body metal in that location with a small dimple.
Dimple was for the line guys to cut that hole for the wiring.

not sure what you can do to FILL the hole- look around the junk yards or a tractor trailer place for a rubber grommet that can be closed in.

John Mac
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van