News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I post pics from Photobucket here?

Started by Afflyer, December 10, 2006, 12:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

???  I'm new to posting pics on the net here.  I've started a free account with Photobucket, but how do I post my submittals here?  ???

Please give me a step-by-step process, as I'm not that "tech savvy".

Thanks guys,
Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Ghoste

When you bring up the pics at photobucket, you will see three address options underneath the pic.  Copy the one that says url and then when you come back here to post, click on the square above the smilies for insert image.  It is the one that looks like a little painting hanging on a wall.  It will look like this- .  You want to click in the middle of those two img parts and paste.   Kind of like this "]paste here[", and then it should work.

TruckDriver

Just too add to that, you do not have to type out the address below your pictures on Photobucket. Do what Ghoste said, but all you need to do to copy the picture address, is just click on the address that has the [ img]http://[/img]. When you click on that address, it will become highlighted. Then right click your mouse. A option box will open. In that option box, click Copy. Once you click copy, you then copied the highlighted web address for your picture. Then, to post it here, right click in the reply box. Then click Paste, then your copied Photobucket web address should be posted in the img's, and should look like this----> [ img]http://www.your web address here.com[/img] You can paste several pictures too right below each other in the same post.

NOTE; it is best to open 2 browser windows to do this when you paste your pictures. Have one open here, and one open on your Photobucket account. You open a second browser window by right clicking any web link to open the option box, and select Open in New Window. Then you will open that link in a new browser page. Then you can go to where ever you care to go on the web in the second browser page.

Also, I'll toss this one out for you, right click on the picture of my Charger below this post. When the option box opens, at the bottom, click Properties. When you do that, it opens another box giving you the info for the link or picture you just clicked on. You will see a web address in that Properties box. That link can be highlighted by clicking on it, holding your cursor button in, and dragging your cursor across it. Once it is highlighted, you can copy the web address the same way as I posted above, and then paste it here or where ever you want by following the same procedures. But then you need to add the [ img][/img] your self.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

Doh!  :slap:   I should have looked at the other address options, I never thought of that.  Now you know how computer literate I am.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ghoste on December 10, 2006, 10:25:34 AM
Doh!  :slap:   I should have looked at the other address options, I never thought of that.  Now you know how computer literate I am.

I didn't know this stuff either til someone taught me.

Just a thought, Troy should sticky post this in the Suggestion/Help area.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Afflyer

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Afflyer

Hey fellas, how do I get the pics to show up here, instead of just links to the pictures on Photobucket?

Bradley

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TruckDriver

You need to add the [ img][/img] tags, and post the picture link in the middle, Troy fixed them for you. Just select the "modify" button on top right of your post, and look to see what Troy did.
PETE

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Challenger340

Thanks for the tutorial, absolutely fantastic info !

I really appreciate you're taking the time to post all that, if ever I can help you, ask away !
Only wimps wear Bowties !