News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 Final back after two years in body shop prison

Started by XXHEMI, December 10, 2006, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Ed, your car looks awesome!  It'll be a masterpiece when it's completed, for sure.  Can't wait to see it, and I'm sure you're getting anxious to get it finished.

Looks like we know what you'll be doing this winter...   ;D

PocketThunder

:o  2 years!!  yikes..  looks very nice.  Is the body painted where the rotisserie is bolted up or do you need to touch that spot up later? 

Now, get that A pillar trim bolted on :icon_smile_wink:

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

XXHEMI

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It did take a long time but I do think it was worth it. The body was pretty good to start with very little metal work besides for changing the drivers side quarter with an NOS piece (was hit at one time and had some real poor work done to it). I hope to have it ready to bring to Carlisle but still in search of some small parts. I do think I will leave the side marker body color because I think that is the way it was. How about head light can in the engine compartment, where they left in or did they remove them?

Thanks Ed

XXHEMI

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 10, 2006, 09:59:00 PM

The Vins on the r6 is 406 The white red int. is 407 and the T5 is 408  three in a row?? I guess I need the white one

Brock Samson

oh it's ok i guess,..
too bad the paint isin't as nice as when it left the factory..  :icon_smile_wink:

69_500

I'm not positive on this, but I'd be willing to wager some money that the 407 White with red interior car isn't going to be for sale anytime soon. If I'm not mistaken the current owner intends on keeping all of his cars forever doesn't he?

I'll get back to you on the question of the canister being left in or taken out for the headlights. I've checked my car out, but I haven't had it forever. So I'll make a call to an origional owner for you, and let you know how it was on his car. OH by the way, on his car the bezels were body color. However on another origional owners car they were body color. I personally think the majority of 500's had them body color due to laziness at Creative Industries. Which was somewhat confirmed to me 2 years ago in a conversation with a "quality control" person from Creative Industries from 1969. I laughed at him and told him he didn't do a very good job of inspection, he just laughed back.

hemi68charger

Ask Al, he's the original owner of his B5 440 C500......

Man, that R6 of your XXHEMI is stunning !!!!!!  Man, talk about inspiration !!!!

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger_Fan

That looks absolutely fantastic! Keep us updated on the progress. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

XXHEMI

69 500

Thanks for the info I need all the help I can get. My other car does not have the canister either but it was painted at one point they may have removed it then. I think the white car is owned buy Mr Fox?

Thanks Ed

hemi68charger

Quote from: XXHEMI on December 11, 2006, 07:23:00 PM
69 500

Thanks for the info I need all the help I can get. My other car does not have the canister either but it was painted at one point they may have removed it then. I think the white car is owned buy Mr Fox?

Thanks Ed

Ah Hell,,, it's you Ed !!!!!  I didn't realize you were XXHEMI  :blush2:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Al is one of the ones I mentioned as having said that his car had the bezels painted body color.

Another gentleman in Ohio also colaborated the same with his HEMI 500 which he bought new. Another gentleman in Missouri who bought his 500 with 900 miles on it in 1970, said the same for his HEMI 500.

However another origional owner said his was with stripe color.

I'm going to ask the two with the HEMI 500's if their cars still had the canister. I don't recall seeing any 500's with the canister still in them, but then again its not something I typically looked for.

69_500

I do believe that your correct in who has the 500. Then again he has been known to buy and sell a few cars over the years. Althought quite a few seem to always remain.

Lord Warlock

My front bezels are body color (Y3), my rear bezels are stripe color.  (black) and mine was original paint till 3 months ago. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

472 R/T SE

That's breath taking.  :blush2:  Very NICE.

What wheels are you putting on, steelies?

PocketThunder

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 11, 2006, 11:51:32 PM
That's breath taking.  :blush2:  Very NICE.

What wheels are you putting on, steelies?

Kelsey Hayes?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Lord Warlock is your car a R/T or a 500? Just curious?

I'm guessing R/T as I recall your screen name from another thread.

XXHEMI

No Kelsey's on this one but I do have a 69 R/T Cornonet that came with em. Another resto project that should be done next month. (Never again) As much as I love these cars the resto stuff is a little to much for me. At least here in New York, Its cheeper to see my doctor then have a car done. :icon_smile_blackeye:

69_500

Well doctors visits are only once in a while, where as a restoration is an every day thing isn't it?

Car looks great by the way.

Just curious Ed, but if you do take it to a show this coming year you wouldn't mind if I pop a few photo's of the fender tag do you? I never got all the tag information off of the last owner. Only that it was a R6 car, and a few of the options. I guessed on what the tag would read, but would rather write down the correct info for the car.

Still no answer on the vacuum canister. I'll try the two friends again tonight.

XXHEMI

Not at all hope to have it at Carlisle and the Nats. If i can get a photo of the tag this week I will post it
Ed

69_500

Thanks Ed.

It is 1 of only 2 R6 HEMI 500's I know of. Actually its the only one I've ever seen in person, but I have a build sheet to another HEMI 500 that is R6. Haven't ever seen the car though, but do have the broadcast sheet.

hpmike

daytonalo

Looks awesome , I hope and pray for you , let me explain . I did all my panel replacement and body work on rotisserie and I fit the doors , a buddy of mine advised me to get the car back on the ground with susp in place , thank god I did because door gaps were way  off . Again I aligned doors on rotisserie then I placed car on ground with susp , and gaps were way off , just my 2 cents , good luck .Larry O

chargerrt

Lord Warlock

Quote from: 69_500 on December 12, 2006, 07:42:26 PM
Lord Warlock is your car a R/T or a 500? Just curious?

I'm guessing R/T as I recall your screen name from another thread.

Mine is a 69 R/T Special Edition.  I've read that the 70 had body colored bezels but mine has always had a black r/t stripe on the back and the bezel is covered in the same material, in fact when i was grinding off the stripe, the bezel appeared to have stripe vinyl over the top of the factory paint.  I'll have to dig around to find the pics of the car before i stripped the paint off, but i know i took pics to ensure I'd have something to use when i put a new stripe in place. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.