News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 Final back after two years in body shop prison

Started by XXHEMI, December 10, 2006, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXHEMI

Quote from: daytonalo on January 12, 2007, 06:30:22 PM
Looks awesome , I hope and pray for you , let me explain . I did all my panel replacement and body work on rotisserie and I fit the doors , a buddy of mine advised me to get the car back on the ground with susp in place , thank god I did because door gaps were way  off . Again I aligned doors on rotisserie then I placed car on ground with susp , and gaps were way off , just my 2 cents , good luck .Larry O

Larry a very good point! I started to line everything up when it was on the rotisserie and I was having a very hard time. At the point something clicked and we put the car on jack stands at the suspension points and things went much better. The doors should line up when that time comes????? I hope. And the name of the shop was County Autobody in NY. Unfortunately he's a Chevy guy. All Vetts first Mopar

XXHEMI

XXHEMI

XXHEMI

tan top

:scope:   awesome  :drool5: :bow:   ,   thanks for posting the pictures , keep them coming :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BB1

Delete my profile

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

FATA12

PocketThunder

Is there a certain spot where the overspray stops on the underside of the car?  Or does it vary from day to day?  Were these cars sprayed by hand?  they must have been, there wasnt robot arms spraying cars that long ago.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

XXHEMI

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 19, 2007, 11:02:39 AM
Is there a certain spot where the overspray stops on the underside of the car?  Or does it vary from day to day?  Were these cars sprayed by hand?  they must have been, there wasnt robot arms spraying cars that long ago.

POCKET

They where done by hand and Iam sure they where all diffrent. I tried to match my other car as close as possible. It was repainted once in the 80's but I don't think the guy who painted it ever bent over. It was mostly original paint down there. From the sides it is all painted and what ever made it underneath I guess was it.

PocketThunder

Gotcha  :yesnod:

Hey, your marker light bezel is body color and not stripe color?  :shruggy: :stirthepot:

How did that a-pillar trim fit that you got from me?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Looks like the car is coming along great Ed.

I've asked several people about the canister question, still don't have a definate answer to give back to you. When and if I find anything definate I'll let you know.

Gary42

Words alone could not ever describe how fantastic that car looks. I would truly consider selling everything I had to have a car like that. The color is awesome, I could only imagine what it looks like in real time. Keep the pictures coming.
Gary
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

Charger Aficionado

I assume that Creative Industries did the FULL XX conversion INCLUDING the 500 stripes.  Makes sense to me that they were un-aware of what Ma' MoPar's protocol was on the rear bezels.  One would assume.

I bet the factory had BINS of marker bezels in Black white and red etc. (Stripe colors)... 

Troy

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 20, 2007, 02:10:50 PM
I assume that Creative Industries did the FULL XX conversion INCLUDING the 500 stripes.  Makes sense to me that they were un-aware of what Ma' MoPar's protocol was on the rear bezels.  One would assume.

I bet the factory had BINS of marker bezels in Black white and red etc. (Stripe colors)... 
They had a checklist which they may or may not have followed. The marker bezels were painted with the car I thought? Creative removed them to put the stripe on and sometimes got them mixed up during re-installation. The stripe had to be put on near the end though because they had to repaint the back half of the car after adding the plug and trunk modifications.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

Your correct in that Creative did have a check off sheet. However after talking to a few people who worked there at that time, those check off sheets are like check off sheets at 99% of jobs. Just a pile of trash paper. They did the job, and got the cars out of the door. That is all that mattered to them.
The bezels are supposed to be stripe color according to the paperwork. I'm averaging about 65-70% of cars that I've run accross that have the bezels painted body color instead of stripe color. Seems they got a few correct but a heck of a lot of them wrong.

XXHEMI

Both my 500's have black stripes and niether one shows any signs of the bezels ever being black. But I have owned an original paint 440 car with a white stripe and the bezels where painted white.

69_500

When I talked to several people who worked at creative in 69 they all told me the same thing. they were supposed to paint them to match the stripe, but all of them said that if at the end of the day, the cars needing bezels put back in them after installing the stripe, and the bezels laying around matched the body colors of the cars, they put them back on. Instead of taking them to the paint booth and painting each bezel to match the stripe on the cars.

hemigeno

I wonder why the change in emphasis for the Daytonas?  So far, all of the original Daytonas I've seen have had the bezels painted stripe color - including my own car.

Did someone at Chrysler get onto Creative for not following that step with the C500's like they wanted?

Sorry for the thread hijack Ed, the car is looking fantastic!

69_500

I'm not sure, but I can tell you this, it would be a whole lot more noticeable with a bezel painted body color on a daytona with that  wide stripe.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: hemigeno on January 20, 2007, 08:12:50 PM
I wonder why the change in emphasis for the Daytonas?  So far, all of the original Daytonas I've seen have had the bezels painted stripe color - including my own car.

Did someone at Chrysler get onto Creative for not following that step with the C500's like they wanted?
DEFINETLY my thoughts exactly. Someone griped, and probably with knowing how WIDE the stripe was on Daytona they made SURE to pass the word down.

XXHEMI

Thanks Geno
Hows the Daytona coming along?

hemigeno

Quote from: XXHEMI on January 20, 2007, 09:15:43 PM

Thanks Geno
Hows the Daytona coming along?

I spoke with Vance last Tuesday.  The car is still not back from the media blaster, who was supposed to have it done before Christmas.  That's what I get for mentioning to him that I didn't have a drop-dead completion date deadline...

Hope to go see the car on Monday the 29th, and I'll have some updated pictures for sure.

69_500

On a Monday? What are you crazy? Why not a Saturday or a sunday :)

Hey, if you decide to go up there on a weekend, say a Saturday in February let me know. I am about 90% sure I'm busy Feb 2-4th but free the other weekends that month.

hpmike