News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check your headlight wiring harness for me please....

Started by toast007, December 07, 2006, 11:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toast007

At the firewall connector in the "V" position I have 2 wires.  One goes all the way to the right turn signal.  The other wire goes about 8" and is broken.  It seems like it is for the right hood turn signal. Looking at 2 different diagrams for the 70 Charger there are 2 different configurations, a single wire or 2 wires like mine.  I believe that the broken wire should be terminated with a bullet type connector like the left one is on my harness.  On the left one I have 1 wire going into a bullet terminal for the hood signal harness I think, and then coming back out to go down to the left turn signal.  What about the right one??? ???

TylerCharger69

A picture of what you have would help....and...what color are these wires including the tracer color if its there???    there should be two wires...one goes to one hood turn signal, and the other to the left....one of them on each is a ground also.

toast007

Can't figure out how to post a picture here.

Okay, the wire in question is black with a tracer, tan I believe, coming out of position "V" of the light harness.  There are 2 of these, same color coming out of "V". That should be the right turn signal according to the diagrams.  Where it gets confusing is one diagram shows only 1 wire coming out of "V" and another shows 2.  In this case I have 2.  One goes to the right turn signal and the other one is the broken one.  What goes on the end?  I believe it is for the right hood turn signal.  The left turn signal, position "S" light green in color has 1 wire.  It goes in and out of a female bullet type connector. After the connector it goes to the left lamps.  So... does does that black/tracer wire that is broken from position "V" go straight to a bullet connector and terminate?

smokinrt

Quote from: toast007 on December 08, 2006, 08:08:58 PM
Can't figure out how to post a picture here.

Okay, the wire in question is black with a tracer, tan I believe, coming out of position "V" of the light harness.  There are 2 of these, same color coming out of "V". That should be the right turn signal according to the diagrams.  Where it gets confusing is one diagram shows only 1 wire coming out of "V" and another shows 2.  In this case I have 2.  One goes to the right turn signal and the other one is the broken one.  What goes on the end?  I believe it is for the right hood turn signal.  The left turn signal, position "S" light green in color has 1 wire.  It goes in and out of a female bullet type connector. After the connector it goes to the left lamps.  So... does does that black/tracer wire that is broken from position "V" go straight to a bullet connector and terminate?
At this stage, like me a wiring diagram is required.  Some you can get to on line free, look around.  I bought mine, laminated from a restoration book store on line I found in the "Hemmings Motor News", I bought at Longs drug store, of all places, or go to Hemmings.com or call them for a free old months mag for free 800-227-4373.

Good luck
SmokinRT