News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don Currie's new Superbird kit

Started by hotrod98, December 18, 2006, 09:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Thought I would post this information for those of you thinking about building a superbird replica. Here's a few pics of Don's new superbird parts. He has the complete kit now for 7k. The kit includes his new fiberglass hood that has the reinforcement that is made from a seperate mold. The kit also includes the nose, latch tray (I think), fenders, fender scoops, valance, z-braces, back glass plug, lexan back window, wing, wing washers and wing braces. With this kit you won't have to worry about finding the 70 coronet parts or converting the coronet hood. Some of the parts are steel. The wing may be steel, I'm not totally sure. The one that he made for me was steel.

I'm very happy with the parts that he made for my wife's superbird replica.

His website is:   http://www.islandserve.com/~dc99/

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

LOOKS GOOD . I THOUGHT HE WASN'T DOING BIRD PARTS ANYMORE ?    rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

PocketThunder

that is sweet!  For about 10,000 you could be up and running.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 19, 2006, 12:14:09 AM
LOOKS GOOD . I THOUGHT HE WASN'T DOING BIRD PARTS ANYMORE ? rene

That's what I thought. he snuck up and surprised us. I thought he was getting out, but boy was I wrong.
He really hasn't said too much about the daytona stuff. He mentioned the wing once, but he never mentioned it again. He checks in here to see what we're up to every once in a while. I'm sure that if there was enough interest, he might step and do the daytona stuff as well. He's been busy with the new first gen batmobile bodies and is building one for a big event next November. Can't wait to see it. I would love to have a batmobile, but would never take the money away from my mopar projects for one. Of course as the old saying goes..."never say never". We got a kick out of seeing the one at the SEMA show.

Rene, let me know when you receive the trunk lid. Should be any day now.

Charles Addams

MOPARHOUND!

Does he sell the black glass?  Or, is it a back glass from another car?
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

BigBlockSam

QuoteRene, let me know when you receive the trunk lid. Should be any day now.   

:boogie:   no problem ,  I'm excited about it . i gotta go down and visit daytonalo -- Larry this week and pick up my stainless pillars for the daytona . i want to have the car completed and in satan black by september . I'll worry about paint in 2008 .

hey Larry, don't forget about the trunk hinges. I'm still intrested in them . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on December 20, 2006, 10:09:01 AM
Does he sell the black glass? Or, is it a back glass from another car?

He includes a lexan back window with his kit. It's the correct size of an original superbird back glass.

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 20, 2006, 10:50:01 AM
QuoteRene, let me know when you receive the trunk lid. Should be any day now.

hey Larry, don't forget about the trunk hinges. I'm still intrested in them . Rene

We aren't giving up on the hinges, ever.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteHe includes a lexan back window with his kit 

i would just take that lexan window as a template to a glass place and have a glass made up for the plug . Rene

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 20, 2006, 02:56:42 PM
QuoteHe includes a lexan back window with his kit

i would just take that lexan window as a template to a glass place and have a glass made up for the plug . Rene

Rene,
I would be concerned about the weight of the glass compared to the weight of the lexan considering that the plug is fiberglass.
I think the next logical step would be to take the fiberglass plug and using it to mock up a steel piece. But, of course, we're back to the problem of not having the moldings.  ;D
Larry

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

Congrats on your daytona build up .Those a pillars for your daytona should be right on daytonlo is quite the craftsman .And my original daytona served as a donor for the template on the a pillars.I have backwindow trin from chargers and coronet.Guy on this board made a set for his daytona backwindow for $10
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Hemi_tyme

Nice kit But what are you going to use for the headlights (buckets.pivots and lids) ???
Ken

hotrod98

ken,
As usual, the kit builders seem to just forget about the difficult stuff and concentrate on the easy stuff? 

Charles Addams