News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You know you're from a small town when...

Started by 253862656971, December 25, 2006, 01:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1. You can name everyone you graduated with.

2. You know what 4-H is.

3. You ever went to a party that was held about 20 miles down a deserted dirt road.

4. You used to drag "main."

5. You said the 'F' word and your parents knew within an hour.

6. You schedule parties around the schedule of
different police officers since you know which ones would bust you.

7. You ever went or thought about going cow-tipping.

8. School gets canceled for a sports team going to State

9. You could never buy cigarettes cause all the store clerks knew how old you were.

10. When you did find someone old enough to buy smokes for you, you had to drive down country backroads to smoke them.

11. You never missed a Homecoming parade.

12. You still go home for Homecoming.

13. It was cool to date someone from a neighboring town.

14. You had a senior skip day.

15. The whole school went to the same party after graduation.

16. You can't help but date a friend's ex.

17. Your car is allways filthy from the dirt backroads.

18. You think that kids who ride skateboards are weird.

19. The town next to you is considered "trashy" or "snotty" when it is just like your town.

20. Getting paid minimum wage is considered a raise.

21. You refer to anyone with a house newer than 1980 as the "rich people."

22. The people in the big city dress funny then you pick up on the cool new trend two years later.

23. You bragged to your friends because you got pipes on your truck for your birthday.

24. On Fridays, anyone you want to find can be found at Main Street or the local resturants.

25. Weekend excitement involves a trip to Wal-Mart.

26. Even the ugly people enter beauty contests.

27. You decide to walk for exercise and 5 people pull over and ask you if you need a ride.

28. Your teachers call you by your older sibling's name.

29. The closest "cool stores" are at least 45 miles away.

30. You laugh your head off reading this because you know it's true!
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 253862656971 on December 25, 2006, 01:03:09 AM

1. You can name everyone you graduated with. Yes

2. You know what 4-H is. Yep

3. You ever went to a party that was held about 20 miles down a deserted dirt road. Yes

4. You used to drag "main." Yes

5. You said the 'F' word and your parents knew within an hour.

6. You schedule parties around the schedule of
different police officers since you know which ones would bust you. Yes

7. You ever went or thought about going cow-tipping. No. Snipe huinting

8. School gets canceled for a sports team going to State Yes

9. You could never buy cigarettes cause all the store clerks knew how old you were. Yes

10. When you did find someone old enough to buy smokes for you, you had to drive down country backroads to smoke them. Yes

11. You never missed a Homecoming parade. Yes

12. You still go home for Homecoming. Yes

13. It was cool to date someone from a neighboring town. Yes

14. You had a senior skip day. Yes

15. The whole school went to the same party after graduation. Yes

16. You can't help but date a friend's ex. Yes

17. Your car is allways filthy from the dirt backroads. Yes

18. You think that kids who ride skateboards are weird.

19. The town next to you is considered "trashy" or "snotty" when it is just like your town. Yes

20. Getting paid minimum wage is considered a raise. Yes

21. You refer to anyone with a house newer than 1980 as the "rich people."  Yes

22. The people in the big city dress funny then you pick up on the cool new trend two years later. Yes

23. You bragged to your friends because you got pipes on your truck for your birthday. Yes...car though

24. On Fridays, anyone you want to find can be found at Main Street or the local resturants. Yes

25. Weekend excitement involves a trip to Wal-Mart.

26. Even the ugly people enter beauty contests. Yes

27. You decide to walk for exercise and 5 people pull over and ask you if you need a ride. Yes

28. Your teachers call you by your older sibling's name. Cousin...

29. The closest "cool stores" are at least 45 miles away. Yes

30. You laugh your head off reading this because you know it's true! LOL...yes

Nice post.

31. You get to go to prom four years because there aren't enough guys to go around.

32. Only seventeen guys between 9th and 12th grade go out for football and you play eight man teams.

33. The name of your high school contains the name of three or four towns

34. The town AM radio station went off at dusk so you had to listen to Friday night's game taped delayed on Saturday.

35. Your history teacher is the vice principal, the driver's ed teacher and coaches two sports.

36. You know when anyone in town gets a new car, divorced, married, pregnant, arrested, etc, etc, within 24 hours.

37. The local paper comes out once a week and it's eight pages.

38. The farmers all sit around the same table at the local restaurant playing cards when it rains.

39. The downtown stores stay open 'late' one night a week.

40. The bad part of town is 2-3 blocks long.

41. You really know where meat, eggs, milk and bread come from.

42. You still have a noon whistle or siren.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Drache

I showed this to my dad and he started laughing! Says that during his teenage days, that WAS his hometown! I've got pics of his '70 R/T covered in dust from the dirt roads!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Drache

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on December 26, 2006, 01:12:54 PM
43. "She Thinks My Tracotor's Sexy"

44. You know the entire lyrics to that song and catch yourself singing the chorus!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mean 318

I wouldn't say I live in a small town, but when you live in ND you hit em all up in the summer for the kegers! My ol coronet is usually covered in gravel dust in the summer lol

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

2Gunz

I had 29 kids in my graduating class.

454 children K-12 ALL in the same school.

.........  Sounds like home to me.

defiance

That's disturbing...  My old school town (not the town I lived in, the school served 4-5 towns) met FAR too many of those criteria...  Quick count: 22 of 30 --- Plus another 2-3 that I wasn't "cool" enough to be part of, but still describes my town... and another few that some of my friends qualified for....  :-[

defiance

Quote from: defiance on December 28, 2006, 09:12:34 AM
That's disturbing...  My old school town (not the town I lived in, the school served 4-5 towns) met FAR too many of those criteria...  Quick count: 22 of 30 --- Plus another 2-3 that I wasn't "cool" enough to be part of, but still describes my town... and another few that some of my friends qualified for....  :-[

Ola, AR, class of '95: 22 (I think?) people.  The whole K-12 was less than 300 students.  I went to a residential statewide magnet school (about 80 miles from home) my Sr. year, though, so I'm not 100% sure that the 22 students I was "supposed" to graduate actually made it :P

my69

Quote from: defiance on December 28, 2006, 09:15:54 AM
Quote from: defiance on December 28, 2006, 09:12:34 AM

Ola, AR, class of '95: 22 (I think?) people.  The whole K-12 was less than 300 students.  I went to a residential statewide magnet school (about 80 miles from home) my Sr. year, though, so I'm not 100% sure that the 22 students I was "supposed" to graduate actually made it :P

Speaking about graduating classes :popcrn:  THE class I graduated with were only "NINE" of us.  Class of 1986 (Medina N.D)
If I'm not mistaken the whole K-12 was like 300 students at that time ::)

Now I understand the school consolidated "TWICE" and still I wonder were the enrollment figures AT :ahum:

REDNECK

i  have 17 kids in my class. is that small town?

mikepmcs

living the dream baby, living the dream!! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
exactly the reason I live where i do right now.  small towns are great!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MOPARHOUND!

45. You have not only heard of, but actually attended a "one room school house".

Our elementary school had 22 students, grades 1-6.  One teacher, and one cook/janitor.  And this was in the 70s!

The grade school "Unified" with some other elementary schools, and the building has since been torn down.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

RD

46.  When DSL first comes to town, all the old-timers think everyone was getting diesels.

47.  Your town's borders are in the shape of a perfect square.

Graduated with 26.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander