News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Am I close on my headlights? Posted a short video

Started by oldcarnut, October 02, 2010, 11:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I got my headlight movements working and been trying to adjust resting positions.  With the doors open, currently it parks as shown in the pictures.  Sorry for the fuzzy pics but the batteries had died so no flash and I had to squeeze these ones off fast.  I have the closed position set and wasn't sure if the open was where it should be.  I hope its close cause I'm ready to quit fiddling with it.  Anyway if it's way off let me know.  I have the cone sitting level as I could get it for the pics. I feel like there is probably some room to adjust the actual lamps themselves if it's not off much.  Just couldn't find a sideview pic to compare it too.  I need to update my build as well.  
Thanks, David

oldcarnut

1 more

A383Wing

Looks close to me..I don't have any pictures, but I got a video, best I can do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cejlMddOoWs

oldcarnut

Thanks for the reply.  I have mine joined together and uses a Porsche light motor to work them. Maybe I can shoot a video after I get the headlight harness made up,

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Looking good! What do they look like closed?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

montana bird

Hi is that a fiberglass nose. If it is do you have the spoiler on when you adjust the headlights.  larry hotrod 98 told me when you adjust the headlights to have the spoiler on the bottom It shifts the nose just slightly enough to adjust again. 

oldcarnut

It's fiberglass but I've added some steel support and other than sticking the wood under to take the pic level, it's been resting on the ribbed areas I reinforced and the near the back of the Z-brace cross support.  I haven't decided whether to use the stock spoiler I have or make one similar to those I've seen on some of the Nascar Bird pics.  Hopefully it won't flex too much but I'll find out after I bolt it to the frame of the car to check further alignments.  I made some more finetuning adjustments this afternoon.
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 03, 2010, 10:00:31 AM
Looking good! What do they look like closed?
I hope to have some updates with pics of everything I did and how I hooked up the electric motor on my thread by the middle of the week.

Thanks for the input guys  :cheers:

oldcarnut

Just a short video of the headlight movements. I'll do a better one later when I get time.   Keep in mind that the nosecone is sorta pointed down towards the floor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkabXG8tDlQ

montana bird

Wow that cool :drool5:  Tell me more about you system.  What year porsche did you use?. Did you use the factory style pivots? Does the motor automaticly stop at the top and bottom position or do you have a contact switch? I give you  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

very nice , if you made those for resale i would buy one for my daytona nose
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dreamcatcher

Man those work great!I might be after something like that my self if mine dont work as well.I went the old mopar way.They worked good on the bench but havent tried them off the vacumn from the engine.My car is all done except waiting on the windshield now.And I havent started the new engine yet.Anyway congrats that is a slick working head light system.I cant wait to see how you car comes out when done. :scratchchin:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!