News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Too much carb? help..please..

Started by Arkgl01, April 09, 2007, 09:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkgl01

I just got a new 318 put in my 75 plymouth fury. I know its no charger but I reall could use some help. I had it built and put a RV cam in it like alot of people recommend. I put a 4 barrel and 650 edlebrock with elctric choke. The car fires up perfect when its cold but after a short trip and gets warm it take for ever to get it started and I have to hold the pedel to the floor. A friend said I should have never gone 4 barrel and need to put the 2 barrel back on it. I saw there the car was sitting was alot of black soot on the ground also.... can anyone help?

Mark
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

Challenger340

Sounds like the floats in the carb bowl are too high ? Can you check them ?

Once the engine is shut off hot, remove the air cleaner and see if you see "steam" down the barrels, a good indicator of fuel running in after shut down.
If you do, Check/adjust the float level.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

deathcharger71

i had the same problem with a 750 eddy on my 360, problem went away when i got a holley  :yesnod: but it should be an easy fix with tuning the carb, the 650 4 barrel is fine for your 318. have you set the idle screws yet?

Arkgl01

Thanks for the info, I will try adjusting some on the carb! Got it with a mechanic now. :yesnod:
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

mikes_classics_68

yeah holley 750 DP  best carb i have ever seen for mopars in my opinion  :icon_smile_big: