News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 tranny and 440???

Started by toddscharger, January 01, 2007, 11:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toddscharger

I am restoring a 70 Charger. It has no tranny or engine. I have picked up a '74 440 (out of a police car), and I am considering a 727 tranny. My question is:
Will any 727 tranny work with my '70 Charger/440 setup?
Were there different types of 727's built depending on BB or SB applications?
I need to know before I commit to buying a 727 tarnny.
Thanks, Todd :icon_smile_question:

mikepmcs

here's an article to read

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/torqueflite.html

You need a big block 727 for a big block motor.

you can google "big block 727" for more info as well and i'm sure others will chime in as well.
there are some 727 for sale on this site as well, so give the search feature a try, it will save you a lot of time.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chryco Psycho

the alum case is different between small & Big block but the internals are the same , HD applications will havbe more clutches in the drums & 4 pinion planetaries instead of 3 pinion