News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl dash panels

Started by TylerCharger69, January 01, 2007, 08:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

I have a question that I will need the answer to before too long  so I'll post up now.   Before purchasing my car out of the Arizona desert,  it sat in the same place for 24 years in a backyard.   Due to all of the weathering (extreme heat  and elements), the vinyl pieces on the dashboard have sort of gotten mishapen from years of heat and neglect....i.e..The glove box door, and the panel where the middle a/c vents are installed.  Is there anyway I can straighten these out by using heat like from a heat gun or another source?...Or is there another alternative without having to replace them because they are not torn whatsoever and if I can somehow stretch them back into shape,  It would save a lot of cash.   And...If anyone else has experienced this....let me know.   Thanks....Ace

Back N Black

The vinyl and foam is glued to a metal plate,that will separate over the years causing the distortion of the vinyl piece. I re-glued mine and held it together with a couple of clamps until it was completely dry and it worked out great.

TylerCharger69

So...even the vinyl was be able to reshape itself?.....and....what type of adhesive did you use?

Back N Black

I used general purpose 5 minute epoxy.