News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help: 68-69 hood mounted turn signals

Started by Manfred318, January 03, 2007, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manfred318

I know this will probably sound kinda stupid to you all,but here goes. I just purchased a new set of turn signals for my car and I cannot for the life of me get them in right. Its befuddled me all afternoon. If you guys could maybe explain how those things go in the hood it would be greatly appreciated. If you could also show me a picture of them in the car that would help alot too.
Thanks alot for the help,
--John

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

UFO

Heres the diagram from the service manual.Hope this helps.I have them in my charger but not a photo handy.

histoy

The owner of our local restoration shop told me that some of the repro lamp assemblies don't fit the openings correctly.  He's had to file them down before they would slip into the openings.

Brock Samson

mine were pretty tight or snug whatever i used a little epoxy on mine to keep em that way cause the nuts were pot metal and corroded a bit..

Manfred318

Thanks alot for the diagram UFO  :2thumbs: :cheers: I got em in there now. They are a pretty tight fit but their in there. Thanks alot for the help guys :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Charger-Bodie

a lot of the reason they fit tight is because of the build up of materials before i paint i clean the opening clear of primer ect and test them this goes for alot of tight parts much easier to deal with before paint
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............