News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

will these rocket wheels fit my charger.

Started by chargercalvin, December 31, 2006, 05:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargercalvin

if you could, check out this link and tell me if the rocket wheels would fit my 72 charger. They are unilug but i dont know oif they would fit my car. i know the unilug cragars will, but the bolt oval on the rockets might not be the same.

calvin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CRAGAR-SS-AND-ROCKET-WHEELS-14-CHEVY-UNILUG_W0QQitemZ160067862007QQihZ006QQcategoryZ43954QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bandit72

i'm pretty sure they'd fit, but man them things are skanky lookin  :-X
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Steve P.

Doooooh,,,,,,,,,  WHY ARE YOU EVEN LOOKING AT THEM?? THEY ARE JUNK.............. :rotz:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

terrible one

Quote from: Steve P. on January 01, 2007, 12:57:02 AM
Doooooh,,,,,,,,,  WHY ARE YOU EVEN LOOKING AT THEM?? THEY ARE JUNK.............. :rotz:

I agree. Those wheels would need a major going over. It would be a lot more economical to wait for a set in better condition and maybe pay a bit more for them.

chargercalvin

if i buy them i will only have him send me rthe rocket wheels, wich would clean up ok.  the cragars are shit, but i already have a pair. so all i need to know is will they fit. because i tried to put some keystones on that i thought were unilug but they diddnt make the cut. the guy selling the wheels doesnt know if they would fit.

calvin

chargercalvin

i need to know if the rockets would fit soon because the auction will end in 3 hours

terrible one

I think they should fit. The guy says "Chevy unilug" and that they have been on a Camaro. Looking at them, they look like the pretty standard 4.5-4.75 unilug pattern, so they would fit with the correct washers and lugs.

Are you sure you would want to go through the trouble of re-chroming that outer lip, etc? Look by the valve stem of the one, looks like a pretty good dent on the outer lip too. Not trying to bash or discourage, but in my opinion you would still be better off waiting on a better set to come around.

chargercalvin

i ended up not buying them. they were ok but i would rather have nicer ones

terrible one

Quote from: chargercalvin on January 03, 2007, 09:00:11 PM
i ended up not buying them. they were ok but i would rather have nicer ones

Good call in my opinion. Finding and buying some nice ones would be cheaper than making those nice I'm sure.