News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master cylinder casting number??

Started by y3chargerrt, January 02, 2007, 06:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

I got a rebuilt master cylinder casting number 2225601.They look pretty close to casting number 2808599. The only difference I see is my master cylinder has a plugged hole between where the brake lines come in. I know this is not 100 % correct for a 69 with power drum brakes but will this function safely?My Charger is far from concourse but I love the look of the correct style master cylinder. I plan on replating the top and hardware before installing this. I can look for a correct casting number in this upcomming show season.

gtx6970

the one shown is correct. The plug you refer to is a piston stop . and was deleted on later issues of the master cyl

y3chargerrt

Does anyone know what this casting number fits? I assuming maybe 67?

gtx6970

master cylinder shown was used from 1967 thru 1970  A, B, E,and   C body. And is correct for these model years .  1966 used a single reservoir housing and 1971 and later used a bail wire top holdown.

Later over the counter replacements of this master cylinder used a housing that the pistion stop was removed the the process