News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B5, Poly, Bright Blue???

Started by mikepmcs, January 17, 2007, 07:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

What's the difference if the color is B5 Blue or Poly Blue or Bright Blue Metallic?

I'm confused

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

B5 is just the code Chrysler used for internally.  Bright Blue Poly is the name Dodge used for the color in 1969 to 1973.  In 74, they changed the name of B5 to Lucerne Blue Poly.  76 was Jamaica Blue Poly.  Chrysler used it in the early 70's on some of that line and called it True Blue or Lucerne Blue.  Plymouth used Blue Fire Poly or True Blue or Lucerne Blue.   And as far as I know, they are all the same color, just with different names.  If you are confused, then that is good because Chrysler wanted you to believe they were all different when you were shopping for that new car.

69 OUR/TEA

Mike,B5 is a paint code given by chrysler for that shade of blue,when the term B5 blue is said ,it is just a way to describe that particular shade.69 B5 blue is different than 71 B5 blue,but the paint code is still called B5.It's just like saying V2,instead of hemi orange.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?