News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another sad day for NASCAR.... RIP BP.

Started by TruckDriver, January 16, 2007, 06:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Just watching Speed Channel's NASCAR Pre-season Thunder, and they announced that Benny Parsons has died today :'(    Rest In Peace Benny, you WILL be missed....  God's Speed..... :'(

Here is a news story I found also....

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/motorsports/16472022.htm

"Posted on Tue, Jan. 16, 2007

Former NASCAR champion Benny Parsons dies

DAVID POOLE
dpoole@charlotteobserver.com

Benny Parsons, whose gentle nature made him a favorite among NASCAR fans as a broadcaster and whose competitive fire drove him from his father's taxi company in Detroit to the championship in stock-car racing's top division, died early Tuesday at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.

Survivors include his mother Hazel Parsons, wife Terri Parsons, sons Keith and Kevin Parsons, brothers Steve and Phil Parsons, sister Patty Severt and granddaughters Emily and Libbie Parsons.

In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that donations be made to the Connie E. Parsons Memorial Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 443, Ellerbe, N.C., 28338; Victory Junction Gang Camp; or the Blumenthal Cancer Research Center.

Parsons was diagnosed with lung cancer on July 13, one day after his 65th birthday. He missed a handful of races while having aggressive chemotherapy and radiation treatments shortly thereafter, but pressed on and was part of the NBC/TNT team that called the season's final races."

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P