News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona #1 for sale?

Started by Charger_Fan, July 10, 2008, 12:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzabodyn

I'm sure some deep-pocket wing car collector out there is going to throw a big number at this guy and he's going to take it - he's just fishing around if you ask me...

However, for the high-$$ collectors out there, they may never have another chance to own the first Daytona off the assembly line...

(and I would have kept the interior B5  :icon_smile_big:)

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

69_500

If you want to get all technical about it though its not the first Daytona off the line. There is a Daytona with a lower VIN. And just because it has the lowest VIN doesn't mean it was the first one that they converted at Creative Industries. Just my .02 on the whole thing.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on July 14, 2008, 04:19:00 PM
If you want to get all technical about it though its not the first Daytona off the line. There is a Daytona with a lower VIN. And just because it has the lowest VIN doesn't mean it was the first one that they converted at Creative Industries. Just my .02 on the whole thing.

:iagree:

287970 still exists, and might be going in for a restoration soon.  It has what can best be explained as some prototype features found on no other Daytona - and was almost certainly used by Creative to mock up the nosecone.  Out of any of 'em, 287970 can legitimately lay claim as both the first, and the lowest VIN Daytona.  There is some pretty convincing photographic evidence of that too, BTW. 

I'm not sure what the seller is up to with that eBay ad.  In today's market, asking $575k on a Daytona is ridiculous for anything but a (completed?) Hemicar.  As the saying goes, you can always go down on the price...  WAY down...

69_500

I would have to say that the seller would have to come down to around 30% of the asking price to even have someone be realistic about buying it. Especially when we know what the asking price was for the car not too long ago, and there isn't that much that has changed since then. Other than slapping in some white interior.

If they did anything, they had better have not changed out the front windshield on the car. That was probably one of the coolest things on the car.

nakita7

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on July 14, 2008, 07:18:08 PM
I would have to say that the seller would have to come down to around 30% of the asking price to even have someone be realistic about buying it. Especially when we know what the asking price was for the car not too long ago, and there isn't that much that has changed since then. Other than slapping in some white interior.

If they did anything, they had better have not changed out the front windshield on the car. That was probably one of the coolest things on the car.
what was so special about the windshield  ????   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger_Fan

Quote from: moparstuart on July 15, 2008, 09:41:40 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on July 14, 2008, 07:18:08 PM

what was so special about the windshield  ????   
:iagree: :popcrn:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Oh nothing important to the car really. Just something that I found neat.

It was a sticker from 1970 approving the car to be driven on the Autobahn in Germany. Since the car was exported to Germany very early on, and then brought back to the states in the late 70's.

moparstuart

that would be a very neat hiistorical piece to keep with the car !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

I just remember staring at the backside of the sticker a lot when I was younger. It was on the front windshield, pretty well centered. Like in the same spot where the rear view mirror hangs down in front of.