News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headliner and carpet color for 72 Charger

Started by bullreed, January 26, 2007, 05:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullreed

What color would the carpet and headliner be for my 72 Charger? The car has white bucket seats, a black center console and white side panels.
I think the carpet would be black but I'm not sure. Also what color would the kick panels be since they are missing also.
Thanks
Robert

mikesbbody

hi robert, you car sounds alot like mine (also a 72 charger) i have a white interior (including the kick panels) black capert, black dash and black center console my headliner is white but the new one i bought looks more cream to me which was dissaponting i wanted white! it was white when i looked at it but then realised that was underneath! if you want a white headliner make sure it definitly is white. I hope this helps mike.

mikesbbody

one morething robert, if you are buying any replacement panels make sure they are all the same brand, and that the grain is correct. I have replacements from both accuform, and palco not overly impressed with iether to be honest! i dont know if legendary stock these brands or, if they have their own but in their catalog they list a "coachman" type grain which is suppose to be like the originals the accuform's were not even close.

mikesbbody

sorry to bug you again robert, but read my topic "you call that white" also in this interior section it will explain wht i went through and discovered about so called "white panels" i can tell you the panels i got from accuform and palco were anything but white! they seemed to have a cream top coat (that i removed and underneath the were white) and i have no idea why they did this.

bullreed

Thanks for the help. I have already seen your post on the aftermarket white panels. I believe my panels will clean up so I shouldn't have the problems you mention.
I thought the headliner should be white but wasn't sure on the kick panels. My car is a b5 blue with a white top and white interior. Should be sharp when I get her done.

Thanks again
Robert

mikesbbody

hi robert, your car's going to be awesome! if you can keep your original panels and just clean them up then do so, kick panels should be the same color as the rest of the interior and if its a white headliner you want make sure its white or you may end up wth a cream one like me good luck   mike.