News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1980 / 81 Street Machine Nationals

Started by TripleBlackGator, January 31, 2007, 11:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleBlackGator

Was any one else there? Who's old enough to HAVE been there. Held in Indianapolis and sponsored by Car Craft magazine. I just found (after a week of on and off looking) pictures from the 1980 and the 1981 show. I need to scan them before posting them all but let's start with this 1968 R/T. Looks like a Maryland plate in that year. Does anyone know who did own or owns it now? More pictures to come later today. I have pictures of all brands but I will only post Mopars.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TripleBlackGator

Freaking file too large eh? Take this then.

Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Lord Warlock

There are plenty of us old enough to HAVE been there, I remember paying for registration for one of the street machine events, but for some reason or another i couldn't attend.  I did attend a hot rod street rod nationals in 1976 somewhere in Virginia.  Me and my dad drove in with a 63 volvo 544, most thought it was a mid 50s car till we entered the streetkhana course and found out it was a pre-1948 event. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

TripleBlackGator

More pictures.

TripleBlackGator

More.

TripleBlackGator

More

TripleBlackGator

More.

TripleBlackGator

More.

TripleBlackGator

More.

TripleBlackGator

Myself watching burnouts. Note period correct t-shirt!  :rock:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Lord Warlock

The registration i paid for was the 2nd year of the event.  It looked like an awesome event, wished I'd attended, at least back then I wasn't discouraged from taking the charger out on long drives.  I think I got a job that summer working oil rigs and it interrupted my plans. money....or fun, money or fun...money won out. 

Yeah, I don't like the way chopped b-bodies look, always considered a 2nd charger convertible, but ...oh well.  I did like the tunnel ram dual quad look. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

WheresMyCharger

Great memories, I have the same pictures of the blown charger with the 440 RT plate and the GTX!
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

Charger_Fan

Those chop-tops are hilarious! :lol:
I wonder how many of those owners still own their cars?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Hey I can say that I was at that show in Indy in 1981. I know that for a fact. Then again no one would remember who I was. I was the 3 year old kid ridding in the back seat of a R4 red HEMI 500 with a black vinyl top. Possible they remember the car, but odds are they don't recall seeing a 3 year old in the back seat.